• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 that went Alpaca on ebay.

Dany McDonald

Found another rare and interesting A-2 that went alpaca, you know the field mod of adding what looks like a B-10 (B-11 could also fit) alpaca lining to a A-2. Take it with a grain of salt as its my interpretation...

The provenance sounds interesting. Like the seller says it looks like a civilian version. Could a civi jacket make its way to the front in 44?

I tried to match the jacket details with a contract but none really fit exactly.

The closest could be a I. Spiewak & Sons 18776P

Centered shoulder seam
Ring stud
Pocket flap are close in shape
Roundish lower pocket shape (actually more accentuated than the Spiewak)
The collar look pretty pointy

Knits look like they were changed at some point, the zip is not original.

Many details are lost due to the condition of the leather...

Anyways I find this interesting and hope you do too!

D

Juanito

Found another rare and interesting A-2 that went alpaca, you know the field mod of adding what looks like a B-10 (B-11 could also fit) alpaca lining to a A-2. Take it with a grain of salt as its my interpretation...

The provenance sounds interesting. Like the seller says it looks like a civilian version. Could a civi jacket make its way to the front in 44?

I tried to match the jacket details with a contract but none really fit exactly.

The closest could be a I. Spiewak & Sons 18776P

Centered shoulder seam
Ring stud
Pocket flap are close in shape
Roundish lower pocket shape (actually more accentuated than the Spiewak)
The collar look pretty pointy

Knits look like they were changed at some point, the zip is not original.

Many details are lost due to the condition of the leather...

Anyways I find this interesting and hope you do too!
Doesn't look like goatskin to me. I am guessing private purchase with the windflap snap and the apparent lack of collar snaps.

Dany McDonald

Doesn't look like goatskin to me. I am guessing private purchase with the windflap snap and the apparent lack of collar snaps.

Agreed it's not goat for sure, I was guessing for who could have made it for the civilian market from apparent similitudes if its consider WW2 timeframe issue.

D

Silver Surfer

lambskin and goatskin are very different hides, in surface, texture, hand, etc. lamb is soft squishy mall type hide, and goat.....well y'all know what that is by now. look at the pix, and ask yourself, "does that look like any goatskin you've ever seen?"