• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 in the New Goat!

fishmeok

This is the first jacket in my new veg tanned goatskin-I really love this stuff, it breaks in and grains up like crazy and the sun brings out some amazing reddish tones. Once again this is mostly a Doniger and it has cust requested 'rigger pockets" made from the lining of a B-4 bag.

Cheers
Mark\

014.jpg

046.jpg

063-001.jpg

016.jpg

023-001.jpg

024-001.jpg

030-001.jpg

039.jpg

052.jpg

dmar836

Wow. Great work!
I've GOT to try a jacket someday. No commercial goals - just that it must be very rewarding indeed. Very motivating work and goat is sure growing on me as the hide of choice.
Dave

CBI

Mark - really superb! Glad to see you working with such quality materials. Makes a huge difference and you sure have the skill for this type of work.

Excellent!

fishmeok

Hello
Goat is from John's supplier via John- it is a lifesaver for us little guys to be able to share orders. Please PM or e-mail me for specific pricing, at this time an A-2 starts at $700.

On a side note it's pure coincidence I made 2 A-2's in a row, I spend most of my time on other jackets- not trying to ding Kelso with the timing or take away from what Platon is doing.

I'm also enough of a geek to want to run out and show my friends my new project as soon as it's finished...

Thanks
Mark

fishmeok

Finally got a few pics of me wearing it...

doniger1cropped.jpg

doniger1croppedside.jpg

doniger1croppedback.jpg

Compare the fit- note how my jacket is MUCH more authentic than the one this guy here is wearing: :D

015.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

navvet

It's a very likable jacket, Mark. Having seen your earlier "experimental" jackets, your progress has been commendable. You have achieved true master craftsman quality. I look forward to seeing your future products.
Paul

fishmeok

I keep thinking about making him a jacket, but he'll have grown out of it by the time I finish sewing the thing...

He is already incredibly jacket aware (also race cars)- I even bought him a little sewing machine to play with.

I really enjoy A-2's- keep forgetting that when I do other things for a while. It's a good design to get all finnicky on as there are many little tricks and techniques that make the finished product pop. It's really fun to look at the little bits and know you are doing it the way it was originally made (and how there was a reason for everything they did)- and this goat really shows them up, like the seam allowance cut out in the corners and the added peice of leather inside the pocket flap to reinforce the snap.

The hat is one of those Spearhead things, Clark J. helped me move some stuff the other day and forced it on me. I soaked it and hit the thing repeatedly with a heat gun, literally and figuratively (real heat gun, not a hair dryer). I think it almost looks presentable now.

Cheers
Mark

Clark J

Hey the cap does look better!!!Now if we can just do something with what it's sitting on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!