• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 FLIGHT JACKET - NOS

yoavi1970

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I own a brand new, Cooper sportswear (Saddlery brand) A-2 flight Jacket, Israel Air Force edition.
Although manufactured at 1989, the jacket has never been in use. As such, it is in a top perfect condition - including manufacturer tag and 'crafted with pride in U.S.A' label. check link below:

http://picasaweb.google.com/yoavi1970/J ... 6732641970

IAF A-2 Jackets like this one are originally given to new IAF pilots as they complete their flight academy stage.

Can somone tell me how much does it worth?

Contract numbers:

Defense Logistics Agency number: DLA 100 89 R 0344

National Stock Number: NSN 8415-01-294-5557 (294=Israel Air Force)

Dimensions:

Size - 40R

Cheers,

Y

Chandler

Just a stab in the dark, but I doubt this jacket would bring much more than the price of a current Cooper jacket -- unless you find a real collector of Israeli AF items.

Chandler

yoavi1970

Thanks for the comment.

Is the fact that this item was manufactured at 1989 and has never been in use effects its price?

Thanks,

Y

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
yoavi1970 said:
Is the fact that this item was manufactured at 1989 and has never been in use effects its price?

It should fetch a premium, with the history, and NOS condition ... but valuations are subjective, and listing on eBay is the only real way to find out.

bseal

Always have been, don't ask me how I've been able to fly under the radar for so long.

Chandler

yoavi1970 said:

I think the recent vintage effects its value, especially with the likes of we WW2 enthusiasts -- we'd rather have an original or authentically constructed repro. But with the Israeli markings and patches, you may find an enthusiast of the genre to take interest. As Deep points out, valuations are subjective.

Also, Cooper is not a highly regarded manufacturer.

Chandler