• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9th Bomb Squadron Patch Self-Made Repro Redux

deand

Posted this patch before but it didn't really present well on a medium seal repro A-2. Moved it to a dark seal low-end repro A-2 and added a silver border. I think it helped. It's a very difficult to photograph with my cheap phone, the silver kicks a light of light back. (Everything I own is cheap.)

1215120908.jpg

1215120903.jpg

1215120907.jpg

1214121831.jpg

dean

atkins

It looks great Dean, and imho it will be very recognizable design from a distance. Hand or machine embroidered? How did you make those 'fading' broad light?

deand

atkins said:
It looks great Dean, and imho it will be very recognizable design from a distance. Hand or machine embroidered? How did you make those 'fading' broad light?

Thanks! Embroidered by hand! The searchlight involved just looping the silver thread in rows overlapping to fill the triangular space, blending in as I went.

dean

deand

a2jacketpatches said:
I know how hand embroidered stuff can start to lose shape, especially circles and straight lines, this is dead on.

Thank you very much! I can thank you for the greater roundness, because I think you gave some advice when I attempted a previous patch, like work from the center outward, use an embroidery hoop, etc., I wish I could get sharper pictures of the patch, but I like it, and I intend to do more. The circle just got more and more challenging as I went outward, as you can tell, it isn't perfect, but acceptable to me. Your appreciation is highly valued! Thank you, again, a2j!

dean