• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

80's Avirex - Need advice

HenryzeeM

Hello All

Henry here - New to this forum. Have an Avirex Type B-15D Sabre flight jacket. Purchased early 80's from I Believe US Wings?. I can remember Don Imus plugging Avirex after I had purchased this jacket. I would like to get the lining replaced as it has ripped out. Looking on the web this morning I can't seem to find a lining quite like it. It was Red and shiny but looks orange in the image. You can see pieces of it on the edge of the label. Jacket has a zip in/out liner. I did notice that USWings offers liner replacements. Does anyone have any advice on this procedure. I just stated wearing this again after many years. Way too cold for it now. (Gortex and ECWS).

Thank you

Henry

Attachments

• 20211126_114550.jpg
    20211126_114550.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 159
  • 20211126_1145351.jpg
    20211126_1145351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153

tda003

I'm pretty much a rank amateur, especially in regard to A-2 types. This, as I'm sure you are aware is a reproduction. It's more an "homage" than an actual copy of any original. I'm saying that because, as you've noted, the lining is a different color than any original that I've seen. I'd contact the maker to see if they can replace the liner or give you a source. That failing, I've used Great Leather on several of my jackets with good results. Talk with Dena there. She does repair on most types of leather jackets and may have what you're looking for or something close. the web site is: