• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

77 dated Bi swing CWU/36P

Phantomfixer

Hi Guys,

Picked up this 36P the other day. Has a 77 contract date, the maker is looking like Genxxxxxxx......any info on the maker? Size large, weird part is it has shoulder rank stitch holes indicating an officer, yet the patch above the name tag is for the MAC (or AMC) Crew Chief patch, enlisted...dual roles? I do not think these things were reissued like the A-2.....85% sure it is from a local USAF guy....
IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

JZ

MikeyB-17

It's not Greenbrier Industries or Centre MFG. is it? Both made CWU's. Dunno about the patches, unless they put the velcro on and you put the patches on according to your rank? Nice jacket, I've been after a bi-swing 36/P for a while-I have two 45's. I've been lucky and never paid a lot for mine, but that luck has yet to extend to a 36.

Phantomfixer

I would rule out Greenbrier. I can make out Genxxx or it might be Cenxxx the tag is faded, pretty sure it is a G though. Good luck on your search! BTW I know where there is a medium sitting on a rack. I do not know the date but it is a bi swing....
John

watchmanjimg

jzist said:
Hi Guys,

Picked up this 36P the other day. Has a 77 contract date, the maker is looking like Genxxxxxxx......any info on the maker? Size large, weird part is it has shoulder rank stitch holes indicating an officer, yet the patch above the name tag is for the MAC (or AMC) Crew Chief patch, enlisted...dual roles? I do not think these things were reissued like the A-2.....85% sure it is from a local USAF guy....

JZ

Hopefully some recent USAF vets will chime in, but I always thought flight jackets were organizational and therefore scenarios like you describe were entirely possible.

MikeyB-17

jzist said:
BTW I know where there is a medium sitting on a rack. I do not know the date but it is a bi swing....

Cheers John, sadly I'm a large in CWU's. Thanks though.

Monsoon

watchmanjimg said:
jzist said:
Hi Guys,

JZ

Hopefully some recent USAF vets will chime in, but I always thought flight jackets were organizational and therefore scenarios like you describe were entirely possible.

Yep!

We recycle our flight gear. My friend has one with old velcro on it from when a two star was once wearing it. He's a TSgt.

Phantomfixer

two star...man shoulda sold it on feebay....You guys in the Guard have no money!!! :lol: Sorry Monsoon had to go there....Here at Dover Airplane Patch they givem away like candy, or used to anyway. We could keep our old flight gear, just had to show the resource advisor our old stuff to prove it was worn, torn, and beyond use. I always had a spare jacket that was beat up, just to show em :D so much for supply discipline :roll:
John

Monsoon

jzist said:
two star...man shoulda sold it on feebay....You guys in the Guard have no money!!! :lol: Sorry Monsoon had to go there....Here at Dover Airplane Patch they givem away like candy, or used to anyway. We could keep our old flight gear, just had to show the resource advisor our old stuff to prove it was worn, torn, and beyond use. I always had a spare jacket that was beat up, just to show em :D so much for supply discipline :roll:
John

Dude, I just retired. I kept it all!! Supply said I was to turn in my Apex jacket (the ABU patterned Goretex), but when I went there, they didn't even want that. I just turned in my gas mask.

Phantomfixer

good for you!!! congrats on the retirement..
we had aRA that wanted all the parkas turned in...he had a pile of em in his office, never turned them in to supply...hmmmmm
anyway good luck in retirement glad you kept your stuff..