• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55J14

dujardin

this seller as also a splendid civilian jacket from the 40's by Aero leather, model ''Highwayman Half Belt Classic Jacket''

byeeeeeeeee marcel

Roughwear

I presume you know who the seller is? Let's hope this jacket doesn't suddenly suffer from water damage after it sells for a low amount! :lol:

dujardin

hello Andrew,

i did'nt pay attention to this.
now that i've checked who he is...

hmm hmm hmm....
the only good think in Spain is called sangria :lol:

byeeeeeee marcel

Chandler

Hawkeye said:
if it didn't have the big USN on the front.

On the front? There's the typical USN on the collar back that most G-1s have, but don't see one on the front. What am I missing?

Chandler

havocpaul

"This jacket is Mint!"....another classic from our man in Spain, even with all his eBay changes it doesn't take him long to get the neg feedback...water damage?!?

Peter Graham

He's tried to sell this one before. I didn't follow the auction to the end but no doubt something underhand happened. ' Aviators Clothing', is that a legit maker ? Sounds suspect to me.

watchmanjimg

Aviators' Clothing is a legitimate maker. They produced WEP jackets and trousers as well as some USAF B-15Ds. I suppose this has nothing to do with whether this particular jacket is genuine, although I suspect it is.

asiamiles

Chandler said:
Hawkeye said:

On the front? There's the typical USN on the collar back that most G-1s have, but don't see one on the front. What am I missing?

Maybe he meant to write "big USN patch."

Hawkeye

asiamiles said:
Chandler said:
Hawkeye said:

Maybe he meant to write "big USN patch."

Whoops, posted on the wrong jacket. Meant to make that comment on the Willis and Geiger jacket Dujardin posted on.

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
This is my favourite part ...

The jacket is a super beauty but I will never wear it here in Spain as it never really gets cold enough plus I like my A-1 for everyday wear.

A-1 ?? That will be this one ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELC-WW2-WWII-A-1-A1 ... 0422762369

So following this sales patter logically he will not be wearing any original A2s either as Spain is too worm for them. Yet he seems to be going for the "mint" size 38 RW which has been discussed already here. He only buys jackets to wear. :roll: