• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55J14 banged out today :)

Roughwear

Your neighbour's workmanship is really good, but the colour is not to my taste. When you come to sell the jacket they may have an impact on the price.

gruvi

Hi Andrew
I'm not selling my 55J. And to be truthful, I am very happy I made the decision to go with the green. It makes the jacket more unique to mine and casual observers eyes. I will know if it is visually appealing when I wear it to work this coming week. The ladies there notice everything! :)
So I'm using them as a measuring stick for if greens on this jacket are attractive or not :)
Roughwear said:
Your neighbour's workmanship is really good, but the colour is not to my taste. When you come to sell the jacket they may have an impact on the price.

Jason

Green on brown on the same garment to me just looks... wierd. Its un-natural and defintiely doesn't match; but thats just my OCD-like mind telling me these things. Symmetry, logic & order rule my neurons ;)
However, it is your jacket after all, your own personal preference & taste, and no-one can argue about the quality of the work. Whatever your choice in knit replacements, job well done!

gruvi

I work in a hospital psych unit, so I am alright with my color choice :) hey, seriously its okay many hate it as I would feel the same if someone took a vintage watch in original condition and refreshed it with new, wrong aftermarket parts, so I really do get it. Later when I tire of the grren look, I change it back to originals. :)
Jason said:
Green on brown on the same garment to me just looks... wierd. Its un-natural and defintiely doesn't match; but thats just my OCD-like mind telling me these things. Symmetry, logic & order rule my neurons ;)
However, it is your jacket after all, your own personal preference & taste, and no-one can argue about the quality of the work. Whatever your choice in knit replacements, job well done!