• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

506th

taikonaut

Lt Albert Hassenzahl of the 506th "C" Company with a "Para-dice" on his jacket that is dentical to the one worn by Dick Winters of Easy Company.

A-2jktAH.jpg

Judging the size of the pocket with the rest of the jacket it looks like a small size 38, his chest patch must be quite small too.

Roughwear

Thanks for posting this pic of Lt Albert Hassenzahl wearing his Aero A2. Judging by the picture I guess it was taken sometime ago? Is the vet still alive?

taikonaut

Roughwear said:
Thanks for posting this pic of Lt Albert Hassenzahl wearing his Aero A2. Judging by the picture I guess it was taken sometime ago? Is the vet still alive?

Not sure.
Here is another member of 506th with his A2 Lt Howard Littell KIA 1944 Normandy
1lt_howard_d_littell_506hq3.jpg

Capt George Buker one from the 502nd PIR
BukerA2.jpg

Curahee

taikonaut said:
Lt Albert Hassenzahl of the 506th "C" Company with a "Para-dice" on his jacket that is dentical to the one worn by Dick Winters of Easy Company.

A-2jktAH.jpg

Judging the size of the pocket with the rest of the jacket it looks like a small size 38, his chest patch must be quite small too.

I have a repro of that patch (What Price Glory) and the original is in fact smal, smaller that the standard 5" AAF breastpatch maybe 3.5" The one you see on the RMNZ A-2 in the BOB series was custom made to look better. Love Mike Bando's site (Trigger Time)