• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$5,550 for this??

jschare

I sent him an email advising him that it wasn't an original. Here is his response:

"This jacket belonged to my Dad who was a fighter pilot, and to my knowledge wore it during his military service. He was assigned to the European Theatre in August 1944 and flew 40 combat missions over Germany with the 47th Fighter Group, flying P 38 aircraft. Would you kindly share your thoughts with me as to why you don't think it is an original? I have taken a picture of the inside tag to verify its authenticity. I have also included a portion of his bio; as well as a certificate of his service confirming his military duty in the European theatre. I would appreciate any information you might suggest I provide to confirm that it is not a reproduction."

The photo of the label shows that it's a Split-S Aviation jacket.

Steve27752

jschare said:
I sent him an email advising him that it wasn't an original. Here is his response:

"This jacket belonged to my Dad who was a fighter pilot, and to my knowledge wore it during his military service. He was assigned to the European Theatre in August 1944 and flew 40 combat missions over Germany with the 47th Fighter Group, flying P 38 aircraft. Would you kindly share your thoughts with me as to why you don't think it is an original? I have taken a picture of the inside tag to verify its authenticity. I have also included a portion of his bio; as well as a certificate of his service confirming his military duty in the European theatre. I would appreciate any information you might suggest I provide to confirm that it is not a reproduction."

The photo of the label shows that it's a Split-S Aviation jacket.

Have you replied?