• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

462nd PFAB Airborne A-2

Stony

Thought I'd post some pics of the 462nd PFAB A-2 I've had for a while. The 27798 Dubow isn't rare, but the patch is. The small leather patch above the name strip is a jump wing, but the silver paint is all worn off. The 462nd jumped at Corregidor in February of 45' in support of the 503rd PIR.

As paratrooper A-2s are extremely hard to come by, it's the rarest one I've ever owned. You occasionally see airborne A-2s from European units, but not from ones from the Pacific.

2zro.jpg

1rqm.jpg

ucos.jpg

ausreenactor

A truly super jacket! My camo lined A-2 was intended as a Pacific based item. I know a lot of guys served out this way and if ever an A-2 was going to get a reline it would have been one in the Tropics.... Good looking patch. Have had a few repro patches along the way and LOTS of repro A-2s but I always chicken out at the stitching stage. An Original with provenance is always exponentially better-er!!

Couchy

TankBuster

Great jacket and very rare! As said, I've seen a fair amount of ETO Airborne A-2 jackets. I actually used to own one myself. This is only the 2nd PTO Airborne related A-2 that I have seen. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Phantomfixer

That is a very nice jacket....like the jump wing tab too...Leather looks strong hopefully it gets some sun every now and then...

Stony

Here is a pic of one of the extra leather jump wings that came with the grouping.

hpi6.jpg

shedonwanna

First wwii era hot foil stamped example I've seen. Looks to be about 1.75 x 1.25 inches. I've hand tooled these before but much larger...

Stony

Any chance of a measurement on that badge? I'd like to paint a repro

1 7/8 by 1 1/8

The grouping came with four extra sets of leather jump wings. One had been sewn on something previously and the other three unused.

dmar836

Wow. That's really nice. You shod have taken that to SoS.
You could have bought dinner both nights!
Dave

Stony

Wow. That's really nice. You shod have taken that to SoS.
You could have bought dinner both nights!
Dave

It was just one piece in a huge grouping of a guy that jumped on Corregidor in Feb. of 45'. I sold it a couple of months ago as airborne items are not my genre.