• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

461st 15 AF Tribute Jacket

442RCT

My artist friend just finished the 15th AF tribute jacket commissioned by a friend of mine. He copied an 8th AF B-24 back designed by Hamsterbear and painted by Jerome Urbaniak and tweaked it to a WW2 friend's 15th AF B-24. I'm going to have him change the color scheme of the tail to the correct 461st BG colors.

The jacket was painted to honor his friend, Robert S. Staples, who flew 20 missions with the 461st out of Torretta Field, Italy in plane number 39.
http://www.15thaf.org/49th_BW/461st_BG/index.htm

B-24Sketch_02-1-1.jpg

SFerchaud_01-1.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Great art work dude !!!!!!!!! Too bad you didn't put the Group or Squadron emblem on it, I guess you/he didn't want it on the jacket?
Siggy

442RCT

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Great art work dude !!!!!!!!! Too bad you didn't put the Group or Squadron emblem on it, I guess you/he didn't want it on the jacket?
Siggy

Siggy, he's going to sew a painted leather 15th AF patch on the shoulder and a painted 461st group emblem, (blue shield with bomb and lightning bolt), on the left breast under the stamped leather name tag. ;)

We're pretty excited about seeing Stan's (Robert S. Staple) reaction when he see's the jacket. It'll be a surprise for him. Now he'll know why his friend has been asking him all those questions. :D