• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

404 Sqn RCAF

Freddie Guyott, an American from Amhert MA serving with the RCAF in 404 Sqn, Coastal Command

PL280741.jpg

and Warrant Officer WS Langley from Speers, Canada

PL407671.jpg

Taken at Dallachy or Banff in Scotland.

BEVAN

rich

John Lever said:
That last shot is beautifully composed with great depth of field.
Great stuff, thanks Bevan,

It's a beauty isn't it, a great photo - is that a Beaufighter in the background? And now I'm off to see how my B3 fits over my A2, I'll never match that panache though!

John Lever

rich said:
John Lever said:

It's a beauty isn't it, a great photo - is that a Beaufighter in the background? And now I'm off to see how my B3 fits over my A2, I'll never match that panache though!
With the collar on an A-2, an A-1 might be better.

Roughwear

rich said:
John Lever said:

It is certainly a most skilfully composed picture with what appears to be a Beaufighter in the background. The mid War Irvin is a good fit. Now I know what to do when it is really cold in the UK-wear a B3 over an A2. :)

dujardin

great photos, especially the first one.
did someone of you have data about US pilot or crewmember serving in Coastal Command (RAF RAAF RCAF)????
and is it imaginable (possible) to see a US guy wearing an Irvine with yellow hood in such a unit?????
many thanksssssssssss

bye marcel

Andrew

Quality photos Bevan, thanks for the link- Irvin heaven. It's a shame other Sqn's (such as your Dad's) don't have such excellent photographic archives.

Stony

Our ace advisor for the Northwest Friends of the Fighter Aces is Jim "Lou" Luma, who was a night fighter ace with the 418 Sq. RCAF. I have listened to him tell stories several times and you can find a picture of him and some squad mates standing in front of Lou's Mosquito here, where he is wearing an Irvin.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... nada1.html