• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Sale! Mint G-1 A Series

Jaydee

This is one of those jackets that is just in incredible, off the production line condition. I found a yellow tag in each pocket with some numbers. Inspection tags? The Zip is unique to this R. E. A version. It looks just like the YKKs used on some modern day CWU-45 Flight Jackets. The liner is also different. It is a rayon weave not the smooth rayon found in other G-1s. It is much more comfortable and doesn't feel "clammy" like the smooth rayon does on bare arms.
P1000724.jpg

P1000717.jpg

P1000718.jpg

P1000721.jpg

P1000722.jpg

P1000723.jpg

P1000725.jpg

P1000726.jpg

P1000727.jpg

Now for sale. I am asking $350 for this rare beauty. Shipping will be actual cost only. PM me if interested.

Curahee

Re: Mint G-1 A Series

Nice one Jaydee ;) ! Where did you find it ?that's an amazing find.
What if I may ask did it cost you?

btw there's on the bay right now Irvin B. Foster & Sons 7823A (AER)
for US $ 1.00 think it will end around 375>475

Maverickson

Hi Jaydee,

Fantastic find! That leather looks perfect. It was no doubt sealed away upon the owner receiving it. Although I would not go as far to say that this zipper is exactly like the fine toothed Conmar from the earlier model jackets, it is a nice looking transitional model. I do like the look of this unusual aluminum Talon zipper which no doubt ultimately was an upgrade over it's predecessor.

Subsequentl to concentrating on the mid to late 1950s G-1 jackets I have learned to watch out for these fine toothed Conmar zipper assemblies. I can personally attest to the innate problems of having a fine toothed aluminum zipper. Through trial & error I now understand why they opted for the larger toothed zipper assemblies over the fine and got away from aluminum all together

Cheers, Dave

Jaydee

Thanks guys! I am really excited about this one. Honestly it looks like a new jacket. I normally wear a size 40, but this one fits me fine. I would say that it fits like a 40 Short ( If they made a 40 Short that is) The leather is fantastic and has not even been conditioned, from what I can tell. I just wiped the dust off with a damp cloth and it is good as new, and nice and soft too. :D

Jaydee

Now for sale. I am asking $350 for this rare beauty. Shipping will be actual cost only. PM me if interested.

Dr H

ButteMT61 said:
gruvi said:
I'll take it!

Three year old thread???

Stranger things have happened. Two of my jackets came from following up threads of a similar vintage (and very nearly a third as the jacket had sold days before)...