• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Werber GW

airfrogusmc

Got it yesterday. I tried CDIs the hot water treatment and the jacket looks incredible. I got the russet horse that John is now using and one word OUTSTANDING and my wife though I was crazy but the jacket looks like its a year old. I got it about one full size larger so after reading CBI post and talking to JC on the phone for about a week I had the confidence to give it a shot and for this horse hide it really worked. It came down about a full size in some areas but not in others. I soaked it in hot tap watter for about 10 minutes then hit the dryer until it was just about dry then took it out and wore it until it dried. PERFECT. I would never try this with goat skin but it worked for me so big thank you to CBI for giving me the courage. ;)

John Lever

Well done.
I have been washing and tumble drying jackets for over 10 years. The main rule is never ever try on originals !
I washed an ELC B-3 yesterday and it looks great.

deand

I did it with goatskin. No complaints from me. Made the jacket fit perfectly. As perfect as this particular jacket can.

dean

airfrogusmc

I'll get some photos up in a few days. Without getting to crazy John is da man. The jacket is really nice.

airfrogusmc said:
I'll get some photos up in a few days. Without getting to crazy John is da man. The jacket is really nice.

Mate, if you start practising now you might even manage a smile !!!, :p looking forward to your pictures, as always,

Bevan.

airfrogusmc

bristolherc said:
airfrogusmc said:

Mate, if you start practising now you might even manage a smile !!!, :p looking forward to your pictures, as always,

Bevan.

The wifes taken the photos and she never catches me when I'm smiling :lol: :lol:

So any new LVCs lately?

Andrew

That must've been one helluva big jacket to start with Allen ;) I'm really interested to see the results as well, and I still don't think I could bring myself to do it (that is unless your shots are mindblowing).

Weasel_Loader

You picked one of my favorite contracts. Can't wait to see it! I'm debating on doing this treatment on my next GW since I'm not the biggest fan of shiny new leather. Like CBI mentioned, our winters are just not long enough here in SoCal. I'd take me 10 years to get what some can do in two years. ;)

airfrogusmc

I was very nervous about it but it really works. But do it just as CBI recommends. Its a real beauty.

CBI

airfrogusmc - so glad it worked. Looking forward to photos (for me, it takes forever to find the time to get pics!) Did you by chance talk to John about your hot water experience? I visited (on the phone) with him today and he had mentioned someone had just done the hot water/dryer thing and was really happy with it............................. John sounds swamped with orders!

My GW Bronco arrived today, the very new duller brown hide. I will be playing with it next week.

Excellent to hear of the great results!

airfrogusmc

CBI said:
airfrogusmc - so glad it worked. Looking forward to photos (for me, it takes forever to find the time to get pics!) Did you by chance talk to John about your hot water experience? I visited (on the phone) with him today and he had mentioned someone had just done the hot water/dryer thing and was really happy with it............................. John sounds swamped with orders!

My GW Bronco arrived today, the very new duller brown hide. I will be playing with it next week.

Can't wait to see photos of the Bronco and I talked to John today and told him about the success I had. I'm not surprised that he is busy with the quality he is putting out.

Thanks for the details on how to do it right. :cool:

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
CBI said:

Can't wait to see photos of the Bronco and I talked to John today and told him about the success I had. I'm not surprised that he is busy with the quality he is putting out.

Thanks for the details on how to do it right. :cool:

I will get some photos next week. Just put on some pecards and it'll take a few days for it to soak in good. I would recommend this after the dryer. It can dry the leather out in places.