• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

388th BG 200th mission party

442RCT

5320048364_f9868824fa_b-1.jpg

JacketBacks_01.jpg

388th BG 200th mission party

These pictures have been taken in september 1944 when a party was organized to celebrate the 200th mission of the 388th Bombardment Group (H), Knettishall, England.

From the murals painted in the Officer's Club, it appears they had a pretty talented artist, Sgt. Alegre, who may have painted some of the jacket backs and nose art for the group.
http://www.388thbg.org/station136/count ... alpage.htm

dujardin

i imagine easily one of my jacket decorated with the first pics i saw on the link you gave

as you said, really talented guy; splendiddddddd

marcel

shedonwanna

Here is another jacket from the 388th. I am a past president of the 388th association and attend all the reunions where I am always on the lookout for photos and artwork. The 388th had many distinctions among the 8th AF bases. The officers club and bar with it's murals were just one.

skipper.jpg

Not many leather jackets on dad's crew - just the one worn by the bombardier. He had done a previous tour in the Aleutions before being assigned to this crew.

crew_england_150.jpg

officers.jpg