• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

327th Ferry Squadron, 15th AAF

Yardstick

As I have mentioned on this forum before, I love art deco patches and you will struggle to find a more classically art deco patch than the 327th Ferry Sq. I finished the below example a few years back and it's a great example of a very rare patch which required considerable detective work to recreate - all my favourite elements. The only original example of this patch I've seen is the below image of a rather worn Italian carved leather example. It took me many years to confirm the identity and then lots of work in Photoshop confirm the colours from the remaining paint chips on the original image. Finally a year or so ago, a picture of an original patch attached to an A-2 appeared on eBay confirming my earlier ID.

So here is my version of this rare patch. I don't know much about the unit other than they were attached to the 15th AAF in Italy - finding info on non-combat units can be tricky.
Img_1230.jpg

327th Ferry Sq_15th AAF.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Very nicely done, the only thing I see that you could correct are the colors of the Mountains, look closely at the original patch and you'll see trace of a mid to dark brown for the lower areas of them , not critisizing just an observation from one patch artist to another :)