• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roughwear

Re: IRVIN

I would date it to 1940. Lightning zips were used on Irvins from 1940 onwards and the two panel construction is typical of jackets from this time.

Andrew

I would guess (and that's all it is) possibly later with those arm seams and lightnings- i've had younder jackets with DOT's and others with two panels and lightnings. Not that it matters much as it's a fine looking jacket in good condition- fleece not too worn, no tears and all operational. It is on the small side though.

Why is his ebay name so familiar?

Roughwear

Leadsky said:
I would guess (and that's all it is) possibly later with those arm seams and lightnings- i've had younder jackets with DOT's and others with two panels and lightnings. Not that it matters much as it's a fine looking jacket in good condition- fleece not too worn, no tears and all operational. It is on the small side though.

Why is his ebay name so familiar?

With a contract label its impossible to be 100% certain. I have seen several jackets with a 1940 contract label with arm seams. It is unlikely to be later than 1941, but as you know there are two panel jackets with a 1945 date!

TMB

Any idea what size this would equate to in this type of jacket - a 38 or 40?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

TMB said:
Any idea what size this would equate to in this type of jacket - a 38 or 40?

To wear with just a shirt, it would work as a 40 short ... it's a very short sleeve length.