• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 recent displays

bombs away

Hello,

Here are 2 recent displays I've made.
I hope these summer period displays will bring a little warmth and sun to those who are suffering from cold, rain or snow.

The first one represents a fighter pilot of the 95th FS, 82nd FG, 12th AF in Algeria in may 1943.
He will get in his P-38 in a few minutes, for a mission against the last Luftwaffe's planes still in North Africa at this period.

5408324166_46fc1b7ec8_b_d.jpg
5407715453_27eebb7f66_b_d.jpg

He wears :
Officer's shirt and pants in khaki cotton
Flight helmet RAF type D (early pattern), with ANB-H-1 earphones
Goggles RAF mkVII
Oxygen mask type A10-A
Laryngophone T-30S
type A-11 wristwatch
Gloves RAF pattern 1941
Flight boots RAF pattern 1936
Seat parachute type S-1
Life vest type B-3
Colt 1911A1 in its M-3 holster.
The A-2 jacket (Goodwear repro, the only repro I own) will be left to his chief mechanic before getting into the P-38.

#2 represents a B-25 crewmember, just before getting into his medium bomber, in july 1944.
This gunner belongs to the 310th BG, 381st BS, 12th AF, based in Corsica (Ghisonnacia Air Base)
Today's mission will bring him over Italy, against german troops concentrations.

5407715957_36d8a35326_b_d.jpg

5408326090_02b5d51737_b_d.jpg

He wears :
Flight suit type A-4
Flight helmet type AN-H-15 with AN-B-H1 earphones
Oxygen mask type A-14
Goggles type AN-6530
Life vest type B-4
Flight boots type A-6
Parachute harness type A-3 with it's chest-type chute pack
Colt 1911A1 in its M-3 holster.

Tim

Andrew

Brilliant Tim, i'll study these at length later. You need to have a job in a Museum....

better duck

Really well done, thanks. Are these dummies fully articulated, as in movable fingers too, or are these set as they are? They certainly look the part. How did you acquire those?

bombs away

Hello,

Thank you for the kind comments.

better duck said:
Really well done, thanks. Are these dummies fully articulated, as in movable fingers too, or are these set as they are? They certainly look the part. How did you acquire those?

In fact I only have one mannequin. That's why Marcel talks about twins... battle scars on his face can't let imagine I have 2 mannequins. ;)

This one is made by Pintus, this kind of mannequin is a bit hard to find as they are a little smaller than actual ones, all too much athletics to wear wartime clothes, usually small sized.

Such mannequins can be found with a little patience on ebay. That's where I've found this one.

Tim