• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 LINKS IRVIN

Roughwear

Links was a prolific manufacturer of Irvin jackets from 1939 to the end of the War. They appear to have been made by the premier London maker of fur coats, Calman Links. This jacket was made under the 1940 H174370 and dates to early 1941. It is totally original, including the elastic collar securing strap and leather zip pulls. Distinguishing features of Links jackets are the rounded collar, the often bare metal underarm vents and belt eyelets, medium sized belt loops and collar rings. This well preserved example is a roomy size 5 and is very comfortable to wear.

saucerfiend

Andrew

What a great jacket! How many original Irvins do you have now? And which one is your favorite?

Brian

Roughwear

I have ten at the moment, but they come and go! My current favourite is a superb pre-War IAC jacket. It has ultra Dot Deco zips, tan facings and no issues whatsoever. It also has history as you can see from my thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15139