• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Links Irvin Restoration

Roughwear

Back in the early summer I bought this Irvin cheaply. It was in desperate need of TLC, with panels unstitched, the sleeve zips removed and sewn up and many of the seam tapes falling off. The good thing was that the fleece was in great order and there were no holes. I have spent the last 6 months on and off working on the jacket. I have re-stitched most of the seam tapes and panels by hand, inserted the correct Dot zips and conditioned the leather with Pecards. The work is now complete! The jacket is a 1941 contract Links Irvin in a decent size 6, so it fits me well. I particulalry like the contrasting chestnut outer skin and the darker brown seam tapes. It belonged to an airman called Heaton, whom I'm researching.

coanda

Stunning...
I know of a chap in Bewdley who could do with some lessons in Irvin repairs... Perhaps you could take him under your wing!
Cheers
Rick

Roughwear

coanda said:
Stunning...
I know of a chap in Bewdley who could do with some lessons in Irvin repairs... Perhaps you could take him under your wing!
Cheers
Rick

Thanks Rick. :lol: