• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 B-3 Flight Jacket

Roughwear

This B-3 from the no name AC 17812 contract dates to 1941 and was made before the US entered the War. The maker has never been identified. I have owned others from this contract and some were made of redskin, although this one is made from dark seal spray finished sheepskin. There are several panels which have been spliced in the factory. An unusual feature of this jacket is the use of goatskin for the facings rather than horsehide which is commonly seen on this contract.It has clearly seen some use judging by the wear to the cuffs. However the M-39 Talon zip is in tact without the usual wear to the male end. The fleece is strong and supple without decay.The buckles are in remarkable condition without rust. It is marked as a 44 and is a comfortable fit.

GoodTimesGone

Great condition for an early B-3. Looks to be a nice fit with room for layering. Where did you acquire it?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tom

Roughwear

GoodTimesGone said:
Great condition for an early B-3. Looks to be a nice fit with room for layering. Where did you acquire it?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tom

Thanks Tom. I got this from the US.

CBI

nice looking - be careful wearing it!!! I have had terrible lick wearing original B-3's!!!!! they fell apart.

saucerfiend

Beautiful B-3, Andrew. Do you have a separate room for the mannequins displaying the jackets? If you, love to see a few pics of that room.

Brian