• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940s vintage halfbelt by Bogen and Tanenbaum (pics)

srivats

I found a very nice, original 1940s halfbelt made by Bogen and Tanenbaum (same maker who had a navy contract during WW2) on ebay ... have already paid for it and waiting for it to arrive. I love the leather, very nice for a 60-year-old jacket. I'd love to get your opinion on this jacket ...

Here are some pics from the seller:

1_front.jpg

13_liner.jpg

9_label_closeup.jpg

9_back.jpg

10_halfbelt.jpg

7_conmar.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
srivats said:
I found a very nice, original 1940s halfbelt made by Bogen and Tanenbaum (same maker who had a navy contract during WW2) on ebay ...

Great jacket ... one of several that contrailschaser was selling. As he said in the description, it's labelled M.Bogen Co.

I guess that Mr. Tenenbaum was lost somewhere along the way.

srivats

Yes I indeed bought it from contrailschaser ... he somehow manages to find some really amazing jackets.

srivats

Tracked the package (for the umpteenth time) and it is here! Sadly I wasnt at home to sign for it and it is in the PO. can't wait to get it and try it on!

srivats

Just took delivery of this jacket ... words cannot descrbe how beautiful it is. It fits as it it was stiched to my exact body measurements. I think I have found my perfect jacket.

srivats

Happy Hooligan said:
Congratulations... I know exactly how you feel when I got mine monday

Thanks! Your californian looks amazing too ... interestingly the styles of both our jackets are not dissimilar ... these vintage jackets really have stlye.