• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 contract Irvin

Roughwear

Well worn Irvin with a very high start price considering the damage to the cuff and wear elsewhere. The main zip appears to be a Lightning replacement. The rounded collar suggests a Links Irvin and these were often inferior quality to those made by IAC and Wareings.

He will post for overseas bidders (if there ever are any foolish enough to splash out £949 for the jacket!), but only has pick-up for those in the UK. :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAF-WW2-WWII-Irvi ... 0300354885

Roughwear

John Lever said:
He is a new member with 0 feed back. Would you send him £1000 ??

No way, but makes this claim-

I have another ID on Ebay with 100% feedback and a rating of 407, but I've set-up this seperate ID just to sell-off all my old aviation stuff.

And I love this bit
This jacket is realistically priced to sell to any collecter who can appreciate it rarity.
:lol: :lol:

asiamiles

He will post for overseas bidders (if there ever are any foolish enough to splash out £949 for the jacket!), but only has pick-up for those in the UK
Not so:
"Postage;- I've left this open, as I'm happy to use whatever service you specify at cost, as long as it's one fully-covered by insurance."

The whole thing sounds like a p*ss take to me
I dunno, John. The wording sounds very genuine to me though I can't understand why a seller would start a new account to sell purely old aviation stuff, as clearly the "0" fb rating will put off some prospective buyers; perhaps he wants to hide the fact that some of the things he's selling he purchased from eBay in the first place? He mentions his hundreds of positives but doesn't give the name of his other eBay ID, so there's no way to substantiate it. The whole thing either hasn't been well thought through, or there is something fishy going on.

asiamiles

asiamiles said:
He will post for overseas bidders (if there ever are any foolish enough to splash out £949 for the jacket!), but only has pick-up for those in the UK
Not so:
"Postage;- I've left this open, as I'm happy to use whatever service you specify at cost, as long as it's one fully-covered by insurance."

The whole thing sounds like a p*ss take to me
I dunno, John. The wording sounds very genuine to me though I can't understand why a seller would start a new account to sell purely old aviation stuff, as clearly the "0" fb rating will put off some prospective buyers; perhaps he wants to hide the fact that some of the things he's selling he purchased from eBay in the first place? He mentions his hundreds of positives but doesn't give the name of his other eBay ID, so there's no way to substantiate it. The whole thing either hasn't been well thought through, or there is something fishy going on. The starting price does seem high; I would call that "damage" not "wear" to the cuff.

rich

That's the first time I've seen an AM whistle used as the main zip puller. To my knowledge these were always attached to the
collar of the BD. Those tears to the sheepskin make the price very unrealistic IMO, I would like a large 2 panel Irvin but this
isn't it!

ppp156.jpg

(This crew survived their tour BTW.)

spitfire

The seller has obviously been reading posts here,specifically the black wool coastal command irvin.he uses the exact same phrase from that thread: Proverbial Hens Teeth,and also a few other minute observations and terminologies i have only seen here.I think he is either trying to rekindle the ludicrous price hikes there was before so he can earn lots of cash from it,or,he is stuck in the past and still thinks the £949.00 is still considered a normal price.
Obviously,with this credit crunch,he may be in the position where he is forced to sell it,so i wish him all the best.I personally don't think it will ever sell at that price,and think he should be a bit more realistic with the starting price,like £200.00
Perhaps he is a banker? Bankers are still trying to borrow and lend to each other with unrealistic amounts of money.It is that mentality,that is ensuring no one will buy his jacket - perhaps fear of poverty and material loss dictates his greed,as with the banks....or that old classic: I still think we/I can get away with it!