• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940’s G1 Horsehide information

R.D.L.

Hi guys i’m thinking of getting this G1 with the 1940’s / 1950’s Conmar zipper? in a very heavy horsehide.
Anymore information on this one would be appreciated? Thanks
6522FCF6-A899-44AA-A378-B5F6C0109699.jpeg

B-Man2

Hi
The jacket looks cool and vintage however , it’s not a G-1 jacket . This is a commercially made for the public jacket that looks to be a 1960s or early 70s manufacture. This is only my opinion ( about the date not the fact that it’s not a G-1) . So you have a nice vintage commercially made jacket that will look good when reconditioned a bit. Enjoy it. :)

Silver Surfer

a pic of the zipper puller and starter box would help to date the jacket. small tooth contras were used from the 1940s-later 50s. a pic of what's left of the label would help as well.

R.D.L.

Hi
The jacket looks cool and vintage however , it’s not a G-1 jacket . This is a commercially made for the public jacket that looks to be a 1960s or early 70s manufacture. This is only my opinion ( about the date not the fact that it’s not a G-1) . So you have a nice vintage commercially made jacket that will look good when reconditioned a bit. Enjoy it. :)
[/QUOT

R.D.L.

a pic of the zipper puller and starter box would help to date the jacket. small tooth contras were used from the 1940s-later 50s. a pic of what's left of the label would help as well.
I’ll try and get some more photos up soon thanks for the info