• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930’s vintage leather jacket - any recommendations?

MarioG

I was looking at Aeros leather jackets when I saw this jacket on their site. It’s been sold and had lots of damage. But I liked the look. Any recommendations? I don’t really like the normal biker jacket look. But I like that this one has buttons on it. I also like that it has no collar. But the main thing is the buttons. Any recommendations would be super helpful! It doesn’t have to be a jacket from the 1930’s.

The black one with the collar is nice too. I’d also be cool with something like that. Again, I just like the buttons.

Feel free to ask further questions!

Attachments

• IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 141
  • E4037553-6EC7-45B5-8B9B-D3BA64EB008B.jpeg
    E4037553-6EC7-45B5-8B9B-D3BA64EB008B.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 133

Marc mndt

The left one is a German motorcycle jacket from the 30s or 40s. Very hard to find an original that's in wearable condition and size. The style is reproduced by several makers, think of Thedi Leathers or Double Helix Works.

I've never seen a jacket like the left one before. The pocket reminds me of a 40s Windward but this is not that. My best guess is that it originally had a zipper and that those snaps are afterthoughts. Do you have more pics of the jacket?

Thedi leathers

IMG_0789.jpeg

Double Helix

IMG_6726.jpeg

MarioG

The left one is a German motorcycle jacket from the 30s or 40s. Very hard to find an original that's in wearable condition and size. The style is reproduced by several makers, think of Thedi Leathers or Double Helix Works.

I've never seen a jacket like the left one before. The pocket reminds me of a 40s Windward but this is not that. My best guess is that it originally had a zipper and that those snaps are afterthoughts. Do you have more pics of the jacket?

Thedi leathers

View attachment 117113

Double Helix

View attachment 117115
Thanks! That’s super helpful.

Sadly, the other jacket was on a forum, and it was a link to an eBay item. The item is so old, you can’t see the post anymore on eBay. And that was the only picture left. If you want, I could link the post.

dinomartino1

Chandler

Lufwaffe had 500,00 pilots and every one of them had 20 leather jackets and leather breeches, every single leather jacket ever made in germany was reseved for the luftwaffe even the ones made in the 1960s
Leather breeches can't have been comfortable climbing in and out of a BF-109. :p

Dany McDonald

Mario,

If you want to take the reproduction route, Japan has options too in the cut/style you are looking for. Or buy an original for the collection ;), and have it reproduced...!!!

MarioG

Mario,

If you want to take the reproduction route, Japan has options too in the cut/style you are looking for. Or buy an original for the collection ;), and have it reproduced...!!!
Thank you, I’ll definitely look into it. Yeah it’s pretty cool. That one sold for only 150. Wish I could’ve snagged it.

dinomartino1

That’s awesome! Thank you so much. Got a link?
On taobao the chinese version of amazon only ten times bigger, you need to use google chrome so you can translate, a bit daunting to use for the first time, helpfull if you know someone who can read chinese, safer than ebay or amazon.
You order fron the shop, from your basket you select overseas consolidated air shipping , it goes to the taobao warehouse and they send it to you by courier. the rates are AUD$10 per 0.5 kgs and normaly in arrives 7-0 days
You can speak to the shop owners on taobao
Tony leathers in shanghai, threads on his very high qualty jackets on the fedora lounge

Last edited:

MarioG

Thedi leathers

View attachment 117113

Double Helix

View attachment 117115
Hey Mark, found something similar that sold a bit ago

Marc mndt

Hey Mark, found something similar that sold a bit ago

Yep, that was the Windward aviator I was referring to.