• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12thAF Matawan lighter

Andrew

Just received this cool Matawan lighter. It's really beaten up, is all aluminium unlike a zippo so is really lightweight, and has 12thAF, 321BG inscribed on it. From what I have read they were equipped with Mitchells in Nth Africa and worked in with the Commonwealth Forces.

I fitted a new flint and charged it with lighter fluid. It takes a bit of work but after 10 or so flicks she sparks into life again. If only this thing could give up some secrets, i'm sure it's seen a lot. It's been many years since I lit up but I do love an old lighter.

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

Andrew

Now that's a good idea!

I love they way it's so dinged up, it really has seen some miles. I know that red paint looks a bit like an exclamation mark but i'd like to think it's a wayward splotch of aircraft paint that landed there whilst the owner was working on some plane's noseart....