• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12 buttonholes and 16 buttons: horsehide M-41

fishmeok

I just finished this, it's a test jacket for an M-1941 in brown horsehide. I still have a few buttons to put on, but after sewing 12 on by hand I need a break...

Here's some quick and dirty pics

Cheers
Mark

Heading for bed

CompDown1527.jpg

CompDown1524.jpg

CompDown1533.jpg

CompDown1532.jpg

CompDown1531.jpg

CompDown1530.jpg

SuinBruin

Fascinating concept, it looks pretty dang good. You're getting really skilled at this stuff.

cheers,
matt

fishmeok

Thanks guys, I'm pretty damn pleased with myself. Also, All Hail Chapman, without whom none of this would be possible...
Cheers'
Mark

Doug C

That's a great looking jacket, particularly the back panels. I think the M-41 has a better back than front in general though. Very smart of you to come up with this idea and it's well executed too - Congrats buddy.

asiamiles

I like the idea of taking traditional designs and taking them somewhere. I always fancied a leather N-1, and actually Buzz did one a couple of years ago under their United Carr label, but it wasn't all that...needed better materials, esp for US$800.

You've done a great job with the M-41...too big for me, I expect, otherwise I'd have probably put in a bid when you put in on eBay, as per usual.

dujardin

hello Mark,

nice jacket.

this hit my eyes as much as when i saw an M-42 (para) in leather some month ago.

splendid work again

byeeee marcel