• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100th FS Tuskegee Patch and GW Bronco Depot Update

CBI

No time these days for fun projects however here is a 100th FS (Tuskegee) patch I made to go on an original A-2. A while back I posted a few quick pics of a GW Bronco with the new pigment dyed finish after a hot water treatment. That project is ongoing with an overspray and ageing. Still a work in progress but nice mult-layer ageing including phony dirt/dust!

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Persimmon

CBI said:
No time these days for fun projects however here is a 100th FS (Tuskegee) patch I made to go on an original A-2. A while back I posted a few quick pics of a GW Bronco with the new pigment dyed finish after a hot water treatment. That project is ongoing with an overspray and ageing. Still a work in progress but nice mult-layer ageing including phony dirt/dust!

I am a sucker for that artificial ageing.
Good work
What have you done so far ...re multi layer ageing and
what and how was the dirt/dust put on
And whats the nest step...(s)

Roughwear

Now this is much more subtle aging than the ELC TW process-no obvious sanding here! The patch looks great. Well done.

Cobblers161

I'm really impressed, you've done a fine job. Be careful though as you'll be pestered for comissions before long. I'm first in the queue by the way!

CBI

Cobblers - thanks. I will be doing some patches for one of the "premium repro companies" later on this year (can't say more right now). I don't mind doing patches on commission and have done some but my work is always very busy and its tough to find the time. I still have one VLJ member waiting on what is a pretty simple design.

In regards doing jacket ageing on other people's jackets - not a chance - too risky if the customer does not like the result, "hey, you destroyed my jacket!"

Persimmon - lots of different techniques here. The main secret is REMOVING layers that have been applied to get the look one wants.

CBI

Re: 100th FS Tuskegee Patch and GW Bronco Depot Updated Agai

Just FYI that I will be listing this TERRIFIC Good Wear Bronco "re-spray" ageing job I did on eBay in a few days (the two photos above). Interested to see how it will do ....................... ;)