• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

0nly 50?

Chandler

;)

Anyone know Jawn? @B-Man2 -- old neighbor?

Check out the Schott vid too, if you have time. I have to wonder if anyone on VLJ actually gets anything out of it.

ZuZu

;)

Anyone know Jawn? @B-Man2 -- old neighbor?

Check out the Schott vid too, if you have time. I have to wonder if anyone on VLJ actually gets anything out of it.
I watched the Schott video- boy what a sad state of affairs. Ugly smooth cowhide processed ad infinitum is the standard. He- the Schott scion- said goatskin is ugly because of the grain. I did agree with his assessment that cowhide and horsehide are pretty much the same...but with the admission that cowhide is "spongier"! All of the leather used now is smooth and spongy and IMO ugly- it's just couch leather. He also mumbled about how horsehide is sourced from countries that eat horse but sadly in real life I think here much of it comes from Mexico which has a thriving business processing American horses (often rescued) into stuff.

Modern leather- especially cowhide- is just plain ugly- smooth, vinyllike, characterless etc. In general it bears no resemblance to old leather which was grainy, dense, beautiful. A modern Schott Perfecto is a sad reflection of the original Steerhide Perfecto. Blah!