• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘Suit Up! The Flight Jacket’ - Japanese Reference Mag

917_k

Evening all,

This might be of interest to someone here (not mine, I have a copy already):

I cannot recommend this mag highly enough and whilst the content is in Japanese, the photographs are superb, think of it as the flight jacket bible. Aside from Full Gear, which is mega rare and impossible to find, I’d say this is the best flight jacket ref out there.

917_k

Haha, I’m totally anal and have everything sorted on my book shelves, all correctly ordered. I love this mag/bookazine though, it’s just the perfect reference.

ausreenactor

I have my 'shit' scattered between two locations.

Gallipoli Barracks and home. I have no idea what is here and there... I took pics of the room before I left in July but there are four portarobes and four boxes. No idea what is in them... Lots of WWII kit, couple of BR repros on the hangers. And lots of books.

bazzer

Hopefully getting my copy for Christmas all the way from Japan just need to learn how to read Japanese or should I just use Google translate on my phone ?
Baz

Micawber

20201216_121709.jpg

There we go. I too have hundreds of books amassed over many years, as does my wife. I grew up surrounded by books on myriads of subjects - my grandfather was a modern and antiquarian book dealer. I learned more at home by dipping in and out of books than I did at school.

Reading is knowledge. Knowledge coupled with wisdom is power. Who said that, or did I just make it up?

917_k

With regards to translating the text, there is a Google Translate smart phone app where you can hold the camera over the text and it will translate it. As you’d expect it’s far from perfect, but gives an approximation of what’s being said:

9A800941-33ED-4BF5-BA93-9936834F9CE5.png

As someone else has said, the value in that book as actually the superb photos.

Peter Graham

It’s a beautiful book but there’s at least one glaring error. I sold my copy to Couchy but as far as I remember the B-9 pictured or maybe the B-11 is a postwar white label civilian jacket with a split hood. How did they get it so wrong ?