• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

search g-1 jacket close to 600-700 dollars

juju

As a side note.. during the recent visit to Incheon, all USN fly-girls and boys I saw there…( believe from RR ACC ) all in nylons ( no not stockings …jackets :) ).
Most recent issued G-1 to the USN might well have been the cockpit ones…
Crews please chime in for correction… Thankyou.
thanks for the answer ,and the useful information!
As others have suggested, I would pass on Cockpit. They simply aren't very good. Your $600-700 budget is quite a comfortable one. I know you said you'd like to get one that's new, but a 7823C or 7823D original would be my first recommendation. My second choice would be AVI, which will leave you under budget by about $350.
ok , I drop the cockpit purchase , maybe go for original thanks
lus..
But yeah a good place to cross check prices and quality.
well , I’m buying an original so you’ve all convinced me , thanks for the answer
Headwind.
I did not know the brand to see , thank you

mulceber

Bonjour de Bourgogne,
Original jackets run small. I'm a 54 and sizes 44 are too small. Ask for the dimensions of the chest, shoulders and sleeves and check with a jacket from your father.
There are sometimes originals on Vinted and Leboncoin. take a look.
Good Luck for your search
Very good advice - always go by measurements. @juju if you happen to know your father's chest circumference (at the armpits), Pilot or anyone else can advise you on what measurements you'll need on the jacket.

juju

Bonjour de Bourgogne,
Original jackets run small. I'm a 54 and sizes 44 are too small. Ask for the dimensions of the chest, shoulders and sleeves and check with a jacket from your father.
There are sometimes originals on Vinted and Leboncoin. take a look.
Good Luck for your search
Very good advice - always go by measurements. @juju if you happen to know your father's chest circumference (at the armpits), Pilot or anyone else can advise you on what measurements you'll need on the jacket.
bonjour , je suis d'alsace !
I'm going to measure on his old leather jacket I think? thanks for all the info

mulceber

View attachment 128757
This is what I was able to measure, the dimensions are in cm, and are from seam to seam
if I can avoid measuring my father that suits me, he doesn't want anything for Christmas... and I would like to surprise him
Actually we need the armpit to armpit measurement. That's the one that's REALLY key. See this measuring guide:

juju

i'm with the guys that answered you earlier: an original is a really good idea - and the one @Pilot gave you a proposal is in outstanding almost like new condition.

Sizewise G1 are a thad more trim around the belly compared to A2 jackets so i'd size up to 46 per say
great thank you I contacted him for the jacket! , thank you for the size information!
Actually we need the armpit to armpit measurement. That's the one that's REALLY key. See this measuring guide:
I'm sorry, I'll do this again! as indicated in the thread

Kermit3D

Totally agree.
This is a particularity of G-1 type jackets. Many originals are still available and some are still in very good condition.
Perhaps forum members have original G-1 for sale.

Now you will have to be precise in taking measurements. The size on the label doesn't mean much.

Décidément il y a beaucoup de Français ici (j'habite proche de Toulouse) ;)

juju

I did it as precisely as possible like in the photos,
shoulders 51
back 64
sleeves 67
chest 56
the bottom of the jacket 55
all in cm
I saw a thread that talked about measurements, I'm going to read it a little
Totally agree.
This is a particularity of G-1 type jackets. Many originals are still available and some are still in very good condition.
Perhaps forum members have original G-1 for sale.

Now you will have to be precise in taking measurements. The size on the label doesn't mean much.

Décidément il y a beaucoup de Français ici (j'habite proche de Toulouse) ;)
carrément! :)

@juju this thread is moving too fast, can't follow but definitely check the measurement value on a jacket your father wear and like.

We should open a French category ! J'habite Paris
I had my doubts when I saw the nickname!, this everyday jacket broke today its a sign

juju

Contact the seller and ask for measurements. The leather appears a little dry in the photos, make sure this is not the case by asking detailed photos.

I'm going to look a little on ebay and sent him a message, I measured another jacket I got a chest( amprit to amprit ) size of 59 but the shoulders still in 51

Last edited: