• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

search g-1 jacket close to 600-700 dollars

juju

Hello everyone, I am looking to give my father an aviator jacket for Christmas,
I searched a little and I think that the US cockpit brand "U.S. Navy Issue Mil Spec G-1 Jacket Z2108" is good , I would like a brand that has a contract with military aviation

Do you think there is a better brand to go for? it will be an everyday jacket ( if it's close to an original model so much the better, but it's not obligatory)

I am French sorry for my bad English

thank you for taking the time to decipher me !

Pilot

Hello everyone, I am looking to give my father an aviator jacket for Christmas,
I searched a little and I think that the US cockpit brand "U.S. Navy Issue Mil Spec G-1 Jacket Z2108" is good , I would like a brand that has a contract with military aviation

Do you think there is a better brand to go for? it will be an everyday jacket ( if it's close to an original model so much the better, but it's not obligatory)

I am French sorry for my bad English

thank you for taking the time to decipher me !
Welcome/Bienvenue…
A size info ( if you want to buy an original) would help a lot.
Une info sur la taille en question aiderait pas mal, surtout si vous cherchez un original règlementaire de dotation .

Kermit3D

Hi !
It all depends on whether you're looking for a historically accurate jacket or just one that looks like a G-1 from afar.
In my opinion, cockpit USA is not the best choice...

Take a look at AVI Leather. They have a nice G-1 (much more accurate than Cockpit USA) of good quality for much less money.

Also look at this thread, it talks about an M422A jacket, but it's very close to the G-1. The M422A is the ancestor of the G-1, it was used during the Second World War by US Navy and USMC pilots. AVI Leather offers the G-1 (from 1947) and the M422A :

Last edited:

juju

Welcome/Bienvenue…
A size info ( if you want to buy an original) would help a lot.
Une info sur la taille en question aiderait pas mal, surtout si vous cherchez un original règlementaire de dotation .
Hi !
It all depends on whether you're looking for a historically accurate jacket or just one that looks like a G-1 from afar.
In my opinion, cockpit USA is not the best choice...

Take a look at AVI Leather. They have a nice G-1 (much more accurate than Cockpit USA) of good quality for much less money.

Also look at this thread, it talks about an M422A jacket, but it's very close to the G-1. The M422A is the ancestor of the G-1, it was used during the Second World War by US Navy and USMC pilots. AVI Leather offers the G-1 (from 1947) and the M422A :

Bonjour Juju,

G-1 jacket are not so hard to find for a decent price if you are looking for an average size.

As mentioned by @Pilot it will be easier to advice you with this information.
You will have to order very quickly if you want the jacket for Christmas. :oops:
Important: Replica? Original?

I tried to quote all the messages but I didn't succeed, sorry

a big thank you for the welcome (because people with questions like mine must be there every day)

my father's size in jacket is 44 us (in French an xl)

I take note of the AVI Leather brand. when I searched I came across it (although the fact that Cockpit USA had a contract with the army made me turn to it, maybe they will drop Cockpit then)

for the original or a replica I don't know, I would like to buy him something new (he never had much new so unfortunately a replica I think...)

I was looking for a modern G-1 from the army but there are so many brands that say they are a contract with the army, and the others like Excelled Sheepskin/sportswear cooper I don't is not found, or only on ebay/etsy and I'm a little afraid..)

Pilot

As a side note.. during the recent visit to Incheon, all USN fly-girls and boys I saw there…( believe from RR ACC ) all in nylons ( no not stockings …jackets :) ).
Most recent issued G-1 to the USN might well have been the cockpit ones…
Crews please chime in for correction… Thankyou.

Kermit3D

I don't know anything about modern G-1 jackets, other members will tell you more.

If we're talking about issued jackets, I just know that modern G-1 don't have a very good reputation compared to older G-1. It would be less good overall.
I don't know to what extent Cockpit USA had a contract with the army... but in my opinion it's a marketing speech. Their jackets may be of good quality, but it seems to me that you can find much better for less money (AVI Leather for example).

If you are absolutely looking for a modern G-1 jacket, then I don't have the knowledge to help you.

mulceber

As others have suggested, I would pass on Cockpit. They simply aren't very good. Your $600-700 budget is quite a comfortable one. I know you said you'd like to get one that's new, but a 7823C or 7823D original would be my first recommendation. My second choice would be AVI, which will leave you under budget by about $350.

Pilot

Agree with all here… but if its a special gift or present to your beloved Dad…
Only original historical should do…
Yesssss 700 Euro is a good figure for a great Vietnam war pristine original…. with a superb ( mouton ) collar and with a good breathing ( not plastic) liner and excellent craftsmanship in producing this besaid jacket.
Ebay.com = 30% de douanes et autres en plus..
But yeah a good place to cross check prices and quality.

Pilot

One of my ex… the new owner is trying to sell it again since he is a bit short on cash nowadays…Xmas abreast .
He paid 750 Euro incl. DHL to Germany…
The G-1 is mint mint…
If Interested I put you in contact…
34A016DA-A822-46D8-A136-8B2A11EEF8D6.jpeg