• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG

ausreenactor

How about this Buzz Rickson release?

i-img534x600-1572432714duvxcj357.jpg

Otter

Is it a "Judas Goat" jacket for other jackets to form up on ? ;)

Seriously, what is their reasoning behind this harlequin jacket ?

Strangely not a mention of it by Charles on FL.

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

Great for a day at the races. But only for the more flamboyant among us. Definitely not for those who are involved in covert operations.

Smithy

I'm half expecting a certain BR rep's website to tell us how this is entirely period accurate and how he handled an original himself back in 1982 in Wherethehellarewe, OH :-D

Smithy

MIL-J-6249 jacket, linecrewman, identifying, type G-1.

Yes, contrary to the Northrop MA-1 they existed.

Well I take it all back then. I had no idea they existed. I knew there were the diamond ID jackets but I never knew they had L-2/MA-1 style knit collars, cuffs and waistbands. I'd always thought they were different.

Rutger

Oh sorry, didn't check on cuffs or waistbands in particular, do a search and you'll find some originals and specs. I remember the waist definitely unlike MA-1 or L-2. Well, they were only designed to make ground crew around taxiing aircraft more readily visible to the pilots, kind of like the reflective vests that we nowadays have to use on our air port because some nutter thinks we should.

colekwok

MIL-J-6249 jacket, linecrewman, identifying, type G-1.

Yes, contrary to the Northrop MA-1 they existed.

Oh well, credit to BR then, but I am think that this will not sell unless you are a serious collector while you can't get hold of the original?