• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Bill Kelso Star A-2

jschare

I received my Bill Kelso Star A-2 a few days ago and I must say, it's quite amazing. Great quality. Great craftsmanship. The hide is amazing. And, for only $750 due to the VLJ special offer, an outstanding value!

cmk-2

I just received mine as well! Same contract I'll do a review in a day or two. what I love is the weight of the leather, in my 40 years of purchasing repo A-2's this one has what I have found on most of my originals is it's a light weight leather. My new favorite A-2.

jschare

Here Ya go...
20141106_155801.jpg

cmk-2

Looks great! what do you think about the weight of the leather and grain? I love mine. Given a month or two of wear and the drape should look just like WWll jackets.

jschare

cmk-2 said:
Looks great! what do you think about the weight of the leather and grain? I love mine. Given a month or two of wear and the drape should look just like WWll jackets.

I think the weight is spot on to the original Star I have; which is why I chose this contract for this repro. I can wear the crap out of this and save my original for special occasions. The grain is amazing. It will only get better with wear and age.

blackrat2

Very nice indeed,interesting what you guys are saying about the weight and feel,should drape nicely aka an original

Rutger

Lookin' good, up there with the best of the best.
I am extremely curious if they are already active on the Japanese market.

Roughwear

BK have replicated all the features of the Star contract perfectly, including the colour of the lining and the reddish thread. It is a very nice fit as well! Enjoy wearing the hell out of it. :)

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:
BK have replicated all the features of the Star contract perfectly, including the colour of the lining and the reddish thread. It is a very nice fit as well! Enjoy wearing the hell out of it. :)

Well there you go - I'd say it must pass muster!
But from here, it looks awesome. Congrats to you!