• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

my newest nylon in the stable... BR L-2A with red knits.
before you jump on the knits, I have a good plan for patching this baby up, patches are ordered already and the knits will be part of the overall "theme" :)

will take a few weeks till the patches arrive but I will post the finished jacket of course.
here she is in her original, virgin glory though...
(for the interested guys, this is a size 44 and it feels very comfortable and there is enough room for layering should the need arise...)

20240518_105005.jpg

John Luder

Speaking of your summer rain, what's a good waterproof-ish hat I can get over there?
I'll be staying in Upper Bishops Buggering Mews near Kensington.
Harvey Nichols or Harrods? Are they even still there? Do they speak English anymore?
Something stylable to go with my A-2.

johnwayne

Cordings in Piccadilly of course, a director/part owner still I believe being none other than guitar supreme Eric Clapton! To answer your question though I’m sure in Kensington you find a few places, Harrods being just one but sorry can’t actually suggest a waterproof job - do see a lot of those Aussie style waxed types about but personally never been a fan!!

mulceber

DD made some fine-looking jackets! I recall reading some negative posts about his work, but I'd wear that one any day!
Yeah, I'll be honest, my awareness of the different brands at that time was limited, but I never got what the complaints were about DD's jackets. I gather they weren't as good as GW, but that's a pretty meager criticism, and they also were only about 2/3 the price of a GW.