• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good are bill kelso compared to GW Eastman real mccoy

Jeff M

Re: how good are bill kelso campared to GW Eastman real mcco

zoomer said:
At least you're kind enough to spare us the details. :roll:

I got the sarcasm...not sure which way it is going.

I've posted more details about my BK M422 on a prior thread where I reviewed my BK a GW M422 and a vintage 1940's ET Church M422, with photos of each. I can pull up the link to that thread if you like.

If you meant you've read that earlier post and are tired of having me comment again....I figure if somebody asks for opinions on a makers jackets they must want to hear both the good and the bad.

zoomer

No sweat...it's all news to me. I look forward to reading your opinions.

Sorry to come off like that. But we used to have posters who would trash this or that product without any specifics. It can be a shill tactic sometimes.

Jeff M

Looking through my old thread, I see the original poster of this thread, Mindful....posted on that thread too!!
So...there you go Mindful. You've already read my BK review. Albeit several months ago. :lol:

mindful

Jeff M said:
Looking through my old thread, I see the original poster of this thread, Mindful....posted on that thread too!!
So...there you go Mindful. You've already read my BK review. Albeit several months ago. :lol:
I commented on the gw monarch not the bk

mindful

I didn't think posting a subject on bk reveiws. would start up a mixture of interesting comments and a load of bull

Jeff M

mindful said:
I didn't think posting a subject on bk reveiws. would start up a mixture of interesting comments and a load of bull

????????????????

Since you commented on that thread in November, I just assumed you had read the earlier parts of that thread....and forgotten about it. Didn't mean anything rude/attacking/denigrating/critical.

Any who.....if you want, you can go back to my old thread and read my thoughts on my BK. I included pictures, so you can see what I am talking about.
If not....no problem.

mindful

Jeff M said:
mindful said:

????????????????

Since you commented on that thread in November, I just assumed you had read the earlier parts of that thread....and forgotten about it. Didn't mean anything rude/attacking/denigrating/critical.

Any who.....if you want, you can go back to my old thread and read my thoughts on my BK. I included pictures, so you can see what I am talking about.
If not....no problem.
Your right I didn't read your review on bk I just commented on the gw monarch which I thought looks great .

No problem by the way I will read your review on bk now.

bretron

I had a BK test Monarch for about a year before I finally admitted that it was a size too small. A shame cos it was pretty damn nice- in my not too informed opinion. Aside from Jeff, I have not read a bad review of any of the new BK offerings. I for one am looking forward to seeing future patterns.

mindful

That's all I was asking for was a honest reviews as even though I've seen a few nice bks recently I've also seen a lot of people selling them after perchaseing one thanks for your review Breton

Skip

mindful said:
I've also seen a lot of people selling them after purchasing one thanks for your review Breton

I too have seen a few for sale on the bay, and they being early made versions, not the current patterns in Victory HH. Their have also been some good reviews, and even comparisons here of some recent hides including the victory, here's one:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14128&hilit=+bk+aero

mindful

Skip said:
mindful said:
I've also seen a lot of people selling them after purchasing one thanks for your review Breton

I too have seen a few for sale on the bay, and they being early made versions, not the current patterns in Victory HH. Their have also been some good reviews, and even comparisons here of some recent hides including the victory, here's one:

the bk aero contract looks pretty dam good to me love those red knits only thing is like my GW dubow its quit heavy compared to my elc house

Dr H

Skip said:
mindful said:

As Andrew has intimated, we need to see a few more BK jackets about before reaching any firm conclusions. Any manufacturer goes through a similar cycle - the first couple of generation of ELC A-1 jackets (in hides other than cape) were not a good representation of the pattern being too blousy, whereas the most recent incarnations are much closer in look and feel.

Collectors who bought John's early Good Wear A-2 jackets have often sold on and upgraded as patterns have improved and been refined (particularly a year or two ago if I remember correctly). My current GW Perry 23377 is as good a replica as I've seen of this contract and astonishingly close to the look and weight of the original hide, but is an improvement over earlier versions.

A

Anonymous

have some swatches here that I can send out
who wants to receive a piece of Victory horse for his evaluation?
Butte?

mindful

PLATON said:
have some swatches here that I can send out
who wants to receive a piece of Victory horse for his evaluation?
Butte?
me please platon

A

Anonymous

first come first served

You will receive the mother of all horsehide samples

mindful

PLATON said:
first come first served

You will receive the mother of all horsehide samples

thanks platon look forward to seeing the samples i really like the look of the aero dark seal and the rough wear 27752

Jeff M

Dr H said:
Skip said:
mindful said:

As Andrew has intimated, we need to see a few more BK jackets about before reaching any firm conclusions. Any manufacturer goes through a similar cycle - the first couple of generation of ELC A-1 jackets (in hides other than cape) were not a good representation of the pattern being too blousy, whereas the most recent incarnations are much closer in look and feel.

Collectors who bought John's early Good Wear A-2 jackets have often sold on and upgraded as patterns have improved and been refined (particularly a year or two ago if I remember correctly). My current GW Perry 23377 is as good a replica as I've seen of this contract and astonishingly close to the look and weight of the original hide, but is an improvement over earlier versions.

That's true.
Are there more folks out there who have received new BK's, specifically with the new hide? The only "customer posted" BK A2 with the new hide I can recall is the one shown by Persimmon some time back....and I believe he had that on loan from BK.
I am very interested in seeing how they are turning out as BK evolves.

Jeff M

Platon,...I have been unable to get into the BK web site since you added the opening page with the poto of Belushi saluting. It doesn't allow me to scroll far enough down the page to choose a language. (I assume that is what it is asking. The directions at the bottom only partially show.)
Anybody else run into this?