• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dubow mfg

Ken at Aero Leather

It just occurred to me that if finances were the motivating factor for Nathan, he would have surely stepped in to help Charlie (HPA) when his reputation was getting torn to shreds on both FL and VLJ over suggestions that a certain Buzz Rickson jacket was a figment of their imagination as opposed to a lost contract.
Incidentally I have no opinion either way about the BR, never did like Nylon Jackets

Ole

Banned
Ken, whether you, your agents, or somebody else for you, directly or indirectly, pays TFL doesn't change the fact that you get support on TFL for money.

Yes my avatar is a Highland Version of the flasher's raincoat.

You seem proud of that. Flashing your genitals to us isn't considered disrespectful anymore? Last time I checked it was considered indecent exposure.

It just occurred to me that if finances were the motivating factor for Nathan, he would have surely stepped in to help Charlie (HPA) when his reputation was getting torn to shreds on both FL and VLJ over suggestions that a certain Buzz Rickson jacket was a figment of their imagination as opposed to a lost contract.
Incidentally I have no opinion either way about the BR, never did like Nylon Jackets

No, I suppose Nathan, can choose whoever he wants to support. We have not read what his obligations are under the affiliate agreement.
Also, TFL outerwear section owes its existence to the thousands of Aero followers and I guess TFL feels indebted to Aero, so I assume Nathan would be more motivated to help you Ken over anybody else.

But why don't we go back to the subject please?

John Lever

How on earth was asking a question being disrepectful? I was told that this was a possibility by another member via PM. I haven't been around here as long as you but I had no idea whether there was sponsorship here or not. I knew it has been done at TFL so after being PMed and having it suggested to me I thought I'd ask the guy who runs the place to find out whether this was true or not. I privately PMed Nathan to ask which I thought was the best thing to do.
The implication is clear, Ken getting special treatment because he pays Nathan.

Ken at Aero Leather

Flashing your genitals to us isn't considered disrespectful anymore? Last time I checked it was considered indecent exposure.

But why don't we go back to the subject please?

You are confusing flashing with Avant Garde Art

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avant-garde

Let's talk, but please let us know just who we are really talking to..............."who is that masked man?"

lone ranger.jpg

Smithy

The implication is clear, Ken getting special treatment because he pays Nathan.

For the love of God. I got sent a PM saying vendor rules won't happen because Ken sponsors VLJ and/or TFL. For the last time, I DIDN'T know whether there was sponsorship here or not. So what were my options? Post publicly saying, "hey everybody somebody PMed me saying Ken sponsors this place!" or quietly and privately ask the forum owner what's correct? I thought I did the right thing by privately asking. This is pretty basic but if you don't know something, how can you find out without asking?

jeremiah

With all due respect John, Smithy resolved this exactly how it should have been done. Privately and he even came out and said it was he who pm’d him.

Always going to be hard to prove motive but you certainly appear to be pushing a motive on to Smithy. Again. With all due respect. I know I am a nobody here.

Brettafett

Nobody is a 'nobody' Jeremiah. You're input and your perspective is very welcome and appreciated. As are your jackets!
looking forward to more pics and insights down the line.

John Lever

With all due respect John, Smithy resolved this exactly how it should have been done. Privately and he even came out and said it was he who pm’d him.

Always going to be hard to prove motive but you certainly appear to be pushing a motive on to Smithy. Again. With all due respect. I know I am a nobody here.

You might need to know all the facts about who has been reporting the same person over and over for weeks on end.

Smithy

You might need to know all the facts about who has been reporting the same person over and over for weeks on end.

IIRC I reported 3 or 4 posts which could be construed as either attacking another maker or marketing products in another maker's thread. I also asked whether we could have some framework for vendors here because of this.

But thanks for making it clear that as a moderator you are happy to publicly announce private communications to the wider forum. I suggest to other members therefore that they are careful what they message to you as a moderator as private communications for you don't appear to be private.

Smithy

In the new found spirit of openness I'm sure that person will hold his or her hand up?

Ken that was me. I made no bones that I thought your behaviour in the AVI LTHR threads and here were over stepping the boundaries of those as a vendor on a public forum. I would have rather let our detente happen as we did above by burying the hatchet.

It's regrettable that a moderator should try and fan the flames and attempt to instill more acrimony by bringing up private communications which were made in confidence, and actually which contained what I'd pretty much already said publicly here.

Nathan Flowers

Administrator
Since the thread has already derailed here's what I think.

Nathan was nowhere in the thread for 11 pages and has only 55 posts in the forum. (I am like the newest member and have more than 100) but he was probably urgently notified to save Ken so he rushed in.

On the contrary, I was asked to come in and do the opposite.

Also Nathan, please let us know, the fact that Ken, directly or indirectly, pays you, what does it make you? His employee or his servant?

Sorry but your excuses do not convince anyone. Ken admitted that Thurston Bros are an affiliated member on Fedora Lounge. Please let us know how much is the subscription to become an affiliated member? And if Ken does not pay you, Thurston Bros do, and Thurston Bros are Ken's no 1 customer in USA. And if Thurston Bros sponsor TFL and you are moderator on both TFL and VLJ, then it's in your best interest to protect Ken. So please, with all due respect, you better drop the BS (with no disrespect).

What transactions you guys have between you is your business and keep it that way but please do not insult our intelligence.

TFL has had tons of sponsors over the years, from hat makers, to jacket stores, and even a ladies' make-up manufacturer. Contact any of the them, or any of the moderators, and ask them if TFL protects their sponsors from criticism. They do not, or we wouldn't allow them to be beaten up by the membership when appropriate. When BK was a sponsor for several months (for which he has never completely paid, by the way), he was excoriated by the membership, and TFL did nothing about it, because he brought it on himself.

Nathan, my proxy server is in Greece, but tomorrow it can be in Edinburgh, Paris, Prague or wherever the hell I want. I can also be in London, Stockholm, Rome, or wherever the hell I want.

You have no proxy server. Your connection is a residential DSL line in Greece provided by OTE/Cosmote. You have direct IP matches with two accounts on the Lounge, one of which is a cookie match to a known account used by Andy Falzon at BK.

You know why? Because my paycheck is bigger than yours, my car is bigger than yours, my house is bigger than yours, my swimming pool is bigger than yours, my yacht is bigger than yours and my wife is more beautiful than yours. You want to hear some more?

So don't try to bully me because you are the moderator here. That will not work.

Sadly, your mouth is also bigger than mine, but your brain seems to be smaller. You appear to lack the understanding that I wield the ban hammer in both of these places, and could make or break your businesses on a whim if I so chose.

You think of yourself as a shrewd businessman who would be successful were it not for the evil people allied against you. The truth is more that you have diarrhea of the mouth and could not keep it closed even if it would save your life. I would tell you to take some time off and do some introspective thinking about your behavior, and why everybody can't stand you, but it probably won't do any good. You are therefore banned. I'll consider decreasing it to a 1 year suspension if you post a video apology on youtube and embed it at the top of the all pages on your BK/Dubow sites.