• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Show Of Shows Purchase BUT… What The Hell was I thinking ???

Dumpster D

qHpMlrd.gif

B-Man2

I can assure you guys that there will be no sky diving in my future. :D
As a matter of fact I’m trying to come up with some ideas as to what to do with these at ground level :D

Dumpster D

I can assure you guys that there will be no sky diving in my future. :D
As a matter of fact I’m trying to come up with some ideas as to what to do with these at ground level .

Learn how to pack a chute, good practice...I could make $200 bucks a day in the packing tent at the local drop zone, however...Would you trust a guy like me to pack your chute for you? :oops::oops: I don't know. ;)

Dumpster D

Come to think of it now, I believe the crews packed their own chutes and you would pack your buddies chute, and he'd pack yours...That way there's a bit of a trust thing involved, you know?

You make sure you get it right, and he'll look after you just the same.

Pa12

I remember reading the ww1 pilots weren’t allowed chutes. The aircraft was too valuable and they didn’t want anyone jumping prematurely.

Pa12

Another interesting fact about parachutes. Bailing out is what lead to the development of the tiger moth. Dehavilland had a shit load of gypsy moths they were trying to sell to the raf. They didn’t want them because it would be too difficult for the instructor to bail out of the front seat. So dehavilland swept the top wing. Screwed up weight and balance so they moved the landing gear, inverted the engine etc etc. until it was acceptable. I know a guy who owns and flys both and says the gypsy moth is a much better flying aircraft.