• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Show Of Shows Purchase BUT… What The Hell was I thinking ???

B-Man2

So… I wasn’t going to post these two items because I honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I bought them. I have no intention of ever using them and I’ll probably never set up a display where they could be set up on a mannequin. The only rational (read that as an excuse!) I have for coming home with these is that like a shark feeding frenzy, when all the sharks are so caught up in the activity around them, I just got caught up in the moment and thought “Yeah … Those will look good in my man cave”
Additionally the previous owner was literally pleading with me to take them off his hands because he didn’t want to carry them around and bring them back home (that should have been a clue as to what I’d be dealing with in the future :rolleyes:) that he made me a God Father of a deal on them. You know ( Don Carleone… “ Imma gonna make him an offa he canna no refusa)
Anyway … I’ll cut to the chase,
My last Show of Shows purchase .
Two complete parachutes. One a pilots back pack the other a T-10 reserve for airborne troops. My wife is still shaking her head as I write this . :oops:
IMG_2716.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg

Last edited:

Pa12

So… I wasn’t going to post these two items because I honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I bought them. I have no intention of ever using them and I’ll probably never set up a display where they could be set up on a mannequin. The only rational (read that as an excuse!) I have for coming home with these is that like a shark feeding frenzy, when all the sharks are so caught up in the activity around them, I just got caught up in the moment and thought “Yeah … Those will look good in my man cave”
Additionally the previous owner was literally pleading with me to take them off his hands because he didn’t want to carry them around and bring them back home (that should have been a clue as to what I’d be dealing with in the future :rolleyes:) that he made me a God Father of a deal on them. You know ( Don Carlioni… “ Imma gonna make him an offa he canna no refusa)
Anyway … I’ll cut to the chase,
My last Show of Shows purchase .
Two complete parachutes. One a pilots back pack the other a T-10 reserve for airborne troops. My wife is still shaking her head as I write this . :oops:View attachment 139917View attachment 139919
Pretty cool though

Otter

Should your reserve fail to deploy I advise crossing your legs then holding your left arm up in the air.
This makes it easier for the recovery team to unscrew you from the ground and simpler for them to steal your watch. ;)

lgr1613

Very nice! What year is the back type parachute? I have a USAF BA-20 from '86 and a WW 2 seat-type parachute that I have displayed, along with appropriate flight gear such as helmets, flight suits, gloves, etc., while team-teaching an aviation history class at the university. The students were very interested in the parachutes and they wanted to try them on and we let them - a step back in history when they had the WW 2 parachute on! I disabled the D-ring to keep from accidently deploying the 'chutes! Thanks for sharing!

Lewis R

Smithy

I’m thankful that I have you guys as my support system … because wives just don’t get us :D

You're lucky Burt, I had to sleep on the sofa for a month after the buying debacle of "The B-15C Incident".

Be happy your sleeping arrangements haven't changed after splashing out on those ;)

B-Man2

Very nice! What year is the back type parachute? I have a USAF BA-20 from '86 and a WW 2 seat-type parachute that I have displayed, along with appropriate flight gear such as helmets, flight suits, gloves, etc., while team-teaching an aviation history class at the university. The students were very interested in the parachutes and they wanted to try them on and we let them - a step back in history when they had the WW 2 parachute on! I disabled the D-ring to keep from accidently deploying the 'chutes! Thanks for sharing!

Lewis R
The container states that it’s a model N-88.
IMG_2723.jpeg

B-Man2

You're lucky Burt, I had to sleep on the sofa for a month after the buying debacle of "The B-15C Incident".

Be happy your sleeping arrangements haven't changed after splashing out on those ;)
I’m a lucky guy Tim …. I know where the lines are and I never color outside of them. Fortunately, me buying stuff with my own money is ok . Ohh don’t get me wrong .. I still have endure the head shaking and the snide laughter:D