• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero statement

havocpaul

Ken's obviously keen to lift Aero back up to compete with the other repro makers (GW,ELC, BK..). There'll be the predictable negative comments I'm sure, but good news and look forward to seeing the 'improved' jackets especially the Irvin. Great to see a company re-invigerated and listening to feedback. Welcome back Ken :)

petermack09

havocpaul said:
Ken's obviously keen to lift Aero back up to compete with the other repro makers (GW,ELC, BK..). There'll be the predictable negative comments I'm sure, but good news and look forward to seeing the 'improved' jackets especially the Irvin. Great to see a company re-invigerated and listening to feedback. Welcome back Ken :)
Well said sir,,i enjoy wearing my Aero 1938 as much as my other A2s,,elc,gw,,@ iv never had anyone say anything but good things of all my A2s,,7 in total..i also hope ken will do an A1,,i have an elc A1 in cape that i love,but quite fancy one in mid weight h/h.If any member has anything like this in a 44 i would be interested if they ever want to sell.

Roughwear

This is great news for sure and I look forward to seeing the more accurate military jackets in due course.

Robman

Truthfully, my Aero Anniversary in seal with rust fits me quite well and looks the part. Mileage varies I guess.

A

Anonymous

Seems they took it back. Takes a lot to say "we will have Crown zippers"

Andreart

problem there is they are totaly and completely overwhelmed and can't deal with it. I would focus on getting the train back on the rails befor adding more cars to it.

flyboy

Shouldn't we just give AERO a break and let'm sort things out themselves, before we all start bashing and commenting.
As a former owner of a Irvin jacket made by Aero, I welcome their new initiative. The more "original repros" - the better for all of us.
It gives you so much more to choose from - and might even keep the prices on a decent level.
Competition is good.

Clark J

They could start out by just making their jackets longer!!Don't think I've ever seen an Aero with a wind flap over 22 1/2 inches.One of my very first jackets was an oil pull A-2,,real nice just to short.

Aerosquad

I have 2 Aero's. A B6 Redskin and an A2. Both fit terribly, to small and I bought a size larger. I wear a 42 and they are 44's. I am sure some of you have seen my posting on how the B6 redskin is falling apart and the A2 the same. The finishes are coming off. If Aero want to get back on the right track they should have these jackets sent back to them to examine where they went wrong.

bseal

flyboy said:
Shouldn't we just give AERO a break and let'm sort things out themselves, before we all start bashing and commenting.

Nah.

But seriously, if it wasn't for companies like Aces High, would you have sold your Aero Irvin?

TOMG1401

The Irvins look very promising, the redskin with pale fleece is what I have been talking about, I hope they keep it when they go to production

flyboy

bseal said:
flyboy said:

Nah.

But seriously, if it wasn't for companies like Aces High, would you have sold your Aero Irvin?

:) My very first Irvin was a very early type from Aviation Leather Craft - at that time they were more or less the only producers of these jackets - and I did not know better.
Years after I realize that AERO and ELC was out there and they made better - more accurate - repros. But I also found them pretty expensive.

So in the quest for "the most original repro" I sold my old ALC and ordered a new ALC in the lighter fleece. And even convinced them to make the sleeves more like the originals. I keept that jacket for a year - still looking at ELC and AERO. Because I knew, my ALC Irvin was not the real thing!

At some time I even fell for the very cheap Irvin from WhatPriceGlory - it had the right look - but cheap quality fleece and finish. (Sold it off after a couple of months)
Then I had to choose between ELC and AERO. Aero won - simply because they made my size - ELC did not.
The AERO arrived and was very shiny and had very fluffy, straight fleece. It went through the Hot Water treatment twice and finally had the right look. Well almost!... Wrong zippers, wrong sleeves etc.
But I wore it and was happy until Jon and his Aces High jackets turned up, and changed everything!!!!!
So off it went - and I was one of the first to order a jacket from Jon.

The more I knew about Irvins, the more I read about the different makers, the more I read posts on this forum - the more I wished to get the right repro - as close to the originals as possible.
The hunt is over - I believe! Until "THE next MOST ORIGINAL REPRO" makes its entrance at the scene. ;)
It might be AERO. Or somebody else. But at the moment, I strongly believe Aces High is the one.
And I am 100% happy with my Aces High Irvin!
So - yes - you are right! My AERO was sold because of Aces High - and because I only need one jacket. The right one! :D