• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#1 What Good Wear A-2 Contract do you/have you owned?

What Good Wear A-2 contract do you/have you owned?

• Total voters

33-1729

Can I ask the purpose of the poll please?
Good question.

Given the knowledge and experience of the people on this forum I am really curious what the experts would purchase. I've seen people write about all the different contract makers, but I wondered if one was much more popular than the others (appears so) and if some were much more popular than others (appears so). I wanted to see if what I thought was true and then see what actually is true (I clearly have to make adjustments on what I thought). I also wanted to read any insights people may provide on their purchase and statistically how the data is grouped (if I get enough responses). After a week or so I plan to roll up the poll results along with jacket details, e.g. H.L.B. is slender with longer than normal sleeves. This may helpful for anyone looking for a jacket, including me.

Micawber

Good question.

Given the knowledge and experience of the people on this forum I am really curious what the experts would purchase. I've seen people write about all the different contract makers, but I wondered if one was much more popular than the others (appears so) and if some were much more popular than others (appears so). I wanted to see if what I thought was true and then see what actually is true (I clearly have to make adjustments on what I thought). I also wanted to read any insights people may provide on their purchase and statistically how the data is grouped (if I get enough responses). After a week or so I plan to roll up the poll results along with jacket details, e.g. H.L.B. is slender with longer than normal sleeves. This may helpful for anyone looking for a jacket, including me.

Excellent aims, many thanks for the explanation :)

Brettafett

I've also for a long time wondered what influences one to choose a particular contract. There are so many too choose from and John nails them all.
So what factors decide it for you?
Is it popular opinion?
Particular fit (trim, blousy, wide shoulders, trim waist etc)?
Specific contract details? (Collar shape, collar stand or no, zipper, etc)
Materials (predominantly horse or goat contracts)?
A particular jacket worn by a particular pilot? (Jimmy Stewart's RW1401 is so the business)
Etc
Would be interesting to see the results of a poll on these aspects.

B-Man2

I think I would love to have one of his Werber 1729s similar to this one :)
IMG_1215.jpeg

johnwayne

Think I’m pretty much build wise similar to JC the master, himself, so quite honestly if whatever ‘maker’ jacket I see him modelling then I’d happily go for any, moreso after his advice to me yonks ago when seeing my measurements he suggested a Doniger and to this day (as I’ve said here more times than I care to remember!) it’s still feels great to wear and thankfully having not gained weight helps I guess!!!