• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK W&G M422

airfrogusmc

After some time and this summer a little time in the sun (mouton is vintage 1930s) note how its fading. Much different than most modern mouton. I love this jacket. The goats is amazing. I would highly recommend one. Find some vintage mouton and I supplied the triple stamped NOS Talon (BK didn't have one long enough).

IMG_2080_zps4a96fef8.jpg

IMG_2098_2_zpsbb231307.jpg

Nickb123

Great pictures. I'll try to snap some of my G&F today in the sunlight. If the mouton on mine is going to look like that in a few months, I'm in for a treat.

airfrogusmc

Definitely post some photos because there is a difference in the way new mouton ages when compared to vintage mouton. Even when its new you can see more contrast in shades when its brushed in different directions.

ScottoLaw

Looks good Marine. I've reviewed his USN jackets. They look great. Even at a bigger size, how was the arm length? Did you size up or down from your normal size?

Thx,
Scott

Steve27752

airfrogusmc said:
After some time and this summer a little time in the sun (mouton is vintage 1930s) note how its fading. Much different than most modern mouton. I love this jacket. The goats is amazing. I would highly recommend one. Find some vintage mouton and I supplied the triple stamped NOS Talon (BK didn't have one long enough).

IMG_2080_zps4a96fef8.jpg

IMG_2098_2_zpsbb231307.jpg

Nice jacket, is the waist as loose as on other BK jackets?

airfrogusmc

Marv said:
It's going a similar colour to the mouton on my 1968 Martin Lane G1

Not as red as my mid 1960s Irvin Foster C which is very close to what my ML D model was IIRC. So not as red and much softer more like WWII mouton.

airfrogusmc

ScottoLaw said:
Looks good Marine. I've reviewed his USN jackets. They look great. Even at a bigger size, how was the arm length? Did you size up or down from your normal size?

Thx,
Scott

Scott, It was custom sizing. The fit is amazing. I posted these before but here's what it looked like new.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

airfrogusmc

ScottoLaw said:
The fit looks great. Thx fir the pic.

Yeah BK did a great job on this one. I would HIGHLY recommend them. I would also find some vintage mouton because it really is different from most of the stuff you can find today.

PaulGT3

I have a LW Foster G-1 from Goodwear and this has become my favorite jacket so far. The goat is
just amazing and the fit is like your favorite set of overalls, gloves, sweatshirt or insert what ever you
want here. The mouton is just fabulous. I really had this on my list as a secondary jacket because I
worked for the Navy for 3 decades, but it is the number one jacket, like coming home. It can be elegant
or as casual as you can want to be.
I to WHOLE heartedly recommend the G-1 or any of its derivatives. Or would that be integrals in this case
going backwards?

airfrogusmc

PaulGT3 said:
I have a LW Foster G-1 from Goodwear and this has become my favorite jacket so far. The goat is
just amazing and the fit is like your favorite set of overalls, gloves, sweatshirt or insert what ever you
want here. The mouton is just fabulous. I really had this on my list as a secondary jacket because I
worked for the Navy for 3 decades, but it is the number one jacket, like coming home. It can be elegant
or as casual as you can want to be.
I to WHOLE heartedly recommend the G-1 or any of its derivatives. Or would that be integrals in this case
going backwards?

I had an M422 Monarch of Johns that I just regrettably sold that was amazing. He uses vintage mouton I think on all of his Navy jackets.

Nickb123

I LOVE this jacket.
BUT, after seeing the dark seal/rust knit combination on that BK Aero with the Victory Horsehide, I'm not sure if this one will be my "keeper".
I thought I had everything settled until I saw that one!
Now comes the mental debate.

mowgli

Allen,

What are your thoughts on the GW vs BK M-422a? Didn't your GW have vintage mouton?

Cheers,
Bret

Jeff M

mowgli said:
Allen,

What are your thoughts on the GW vs BK M-422a? Didn't your GW have vintage mouton?

Cheers,
Bret

Here is a thread I posted back in November, with photos of 3 M422's and some discussion.
A new BK W&G M422, a GW and a vintage Edmund T Church M422 from WW2;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13633

The GW is spot on re; fit, leather and mouton quality compared to my vintage 422's / G1's.

The mouton on my BK is high quality. (BK suspended M422 production for awhile while till they sourced some they were happy with. I believe they had a limited supply "sample batch" of this available. Not sure if they have sourced some more. )
I found the BK fit and leather quality to be not so accurate.

Nickb123

Alright guys,
If anyone is interested I will be putting my M-422a up for sale in the classifieds shortly. $500.

airfrogusmc

mowgli said:
Allen,

Cheers,
Bret

Hi Bret both great jackets and yes my Goodwear Monarch M422 has vintage mouton. Just sold it. I really like the fit of my BK. The goat on my BK is OUTSTANDING.

GWs are outstanding jackets and I've loved every one I've owned.