• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have Eastman stopped using NOS Talon on some jackets??

colekwok

I am looking into getting a Stars A-2 from Eastman. I was reading carefully along the spec of the jackets. As I remember, Stars, Roughwear A-2 all have NOS M42 Talons. But now, only their premium Elite range jackets have the NOS Talon advertised. Can somebody shed some light on this?

Roughwear

The ELC Star still has a NOS M42 Talon zip fitted as standard. It's mentioned on their w/s. The Roughwear 1401-P has a repro Crown zip. Ealier versions of this jacket had an original Talon zip fitted, but as a Crown is normally fitted to orginals from this contract the ELC version has one too.

colekwok

Roughwear said:
The ELC Star still has a NOS M42 Talon zip fitted as standard. It's mentioned on their w/s. The Roughwear 1401-P has a repro Crown zip. Ealier versions of this jacket had an original Talon zip fitted, but as a Crown is normally fitted to orginals from this contract the ELC version has one too.

Well, this is what I do not understand. They have taken away the "Original NOS" Talon from the spec. recently. While if you look at the Elite Units A-2, they still have the "Original NOS Talon M42" on there. I remember the original Star description also specifically state that they use the NOS zipper on the jacket but they also have deleted that sentence as well. I think this is very suspicious.

Roughwear

The zipper pictured on the Star is a NOS Talon. However, ELC only have a limited number of M42 Talon zips left. If they install repro Talons on original maker jackets without mentioning this they open themselves up for criticism from some of their more discerning customers. Why not email Gary and ask him about zips they are using these days?