• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso W&G M 422

airfrogusmc

Ok Here ya go.

Let me know what ya think....Remember I supplied the vintage mouton and the NOS original triple stamped M 39 Talon

Fit
IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Details
IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

airfrogusmc

chitchat said:

Thanks and right now the only nit pick thing I have is I wish the inside pocket snap was blackened brass. So as of now I am really liking this jacket. The goat is really sweet. Once Platon gets the more chocolate brown goat like I think was on most original W&G 422s (though I really like the darker brown I have now personally) and the blackened brass snap it will be real serious contender. In fact I would say it is now. The gap at the bi swing is narrow like originals unlike another maker and the back panel in narrow and the goat is sweet so thanks again Platon and Andy. You guys ROCK.....

BTW this color would be killer on a G&F the pocket flaps on the Kelso G&F look much better than many repros of that contract I've owned.

And at this price point I'd say a winner for sure.

A

Anonymous

Love the bi-weave knits, the color of the goat, and knits go great together. You could not ask for a better M422, A KEEPER FOR LIFE.

airfrogusmc

chitchat said:
Love the bi-weave knits, the color of the goat, and knits go great together. You could not ask for a better M422, A KEEPER FOR LIFE.

Thanks so much and I gotta say I am impressed. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Anybody thinking about one of these I would HIGHLY recommend one based on my jacket...

Roughwear

Thanks for the pics and the review Alan. I can see why you are so pleased with this beauty. Congratulations. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks and right now the only nit pick thing I have is I wish the inside pocket snap was blackened brass. So as of now I am really liking this jacket. The goat is really sweet. Once Platon gets the more chocolate brown goat like I think was on most original W&G 422s (though I really like the darker brown I have now personally) and the blackened brass snap it will be real serious contender. In fact I would say it is now. The gap at the bi swing is narrow like originals unlike another maker and the back panel in narrow and the goat is sweet so thanks again Platon and Andy. You guys ROCK.....

Thanks for your good words.
About the pocket snap. We used nickel color snap because that's the way it was on the original we examined.
We do have black snaps, we use them on the A-2 and the G&F M422.
The real hard part is to find the brown caps for the snaps. They don't make these any more but we were able to find some NOS and bought them all
grin.gif

Here's the snap on the Wills & Geiger
09_16957.jpg

Here's the Gordon & Ferguson
09_416.jpg

These are images from the Bill Kelso website.

airfrogusmc

PLATON said:

Thanks for your good words.
About the pocket snap. We used nickel color snap because that's the way it was on the original we examined.
We do have black snaps, we use them on the A-2 and the G&F M422.
The real hard part is to find the brown caps for the snaps. They don't make these any more but we were able to find some NOS and bought them all
grin.gif

Here's the snap on the Wills & Geiger
09_16957.jpg

Here's the Gordon & Ferguson
09_416.jpg

These are images from the Bill Kelso website.

I could have sworn the one on Grants original was blackened so I stand corrected. Great Jacket Platon either way.

a2jacketpatches

There's a hobby product called (Blacken It) that I used years ago doing model kits, I know it will blacken brass and some other metals, maybe the nickel. May be worth the 5-10 bucks to try or check the label first. A little bit on a paint brush and carefully applied may do the trick.

A

Anonymous

I could have sworn the one on Grants original was blackened so I stand corrected. Great Jacket Platon either way.

Apart from the original in hands, I have photos from others found on the web and they all have nickel.
Regarding snaps, I think the factories used whatever they had in hand, so I don't doubt that they could be some jackets out there with black snaps. Unfortunately we didn't discuss this detail so you got the 'default' snap.

If you want I can send you the black stud and if you are good with your hands (and your tools) you can replace it yourself.

airfrogusmc

PLATON said:

Apart from the original in hands, I have photos from others found on the web and they all have nickel.
Regarding snaps, I think the factories used whatever they had in hand, so I don't doubt that they could be some jackets out there with black snaps. Unfortunately we didn't discuss this detail so you got the 'default' snap.

If you want I can send you the black stud and if you are good with your hands (and your tools) you can replace it yourself.

Platon I did say "nit pick". Not all that important to me and it seems I may have been wrong. If thats the only neg and its really not a real neg, my memory is not what it used to be, then I'd say you've really done an amazing job. Love the fit, the details and the goatskin. Highly recommend to anyone looking for good, well priced, quickly delivered repro. Good folks to deal with also.

Rutger

Yeah, looks good, now get that broken-in look!
Hope BK is satisfied with their sales, at least I am with my A2 which is worn daily as long as summer remains at these lower temperatures.

airfrogusmc

Thanks Guys and I have had a couple of e-mails confirming that I was wrong about the blackened brass snap. It should be as Platon stated nickel....