• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Lightly worn Original Poughkeepsie A2

Roughwear

Having owned several Poughkeepsie A2s this is the best I have seen in terms of condition. It has only be lightly worn in the War and has not been used by a vet to paint his house. There are a few small moth nips in the knits which I have dealt with. The leather is strong and supple with all its original finish. As a size 44 it is the correct fit for me and is very comfortable jacket.

004-56.jpg

005-63.jpg

006-65.jpg

007-64.jpg

009-70.jpg

010-67.jpg

011-64.jpg

014-61.jpg

015-64.jpg

016-55.jpg

018-50.jpg

019-39.jpg

020-35.jpg

022-34.jpg

024-26.jpg

025-23.jpg

CBI

couldn't ask for a better original. Great shape, I hope you wear it often.

Tim P

Ochre stitching, plain pocket shape, durable type snaps. All winning ingredients for me. That grain makes it almost as authentic as a goodwear.......

Curahee

If I wouldn't know better, I'd say it's a GW that's the best original I've ever seen. It warrants the "joker" smile from ear to ear, but it makew me wonder what organs you have left in your body to sell ;) .

johnwayne

Looks like its never been off the hanger and the collar never un-studded!!
I don't know how you do it Andrew!!!

Cheers
Wayne

B-Man2

Great Jacket Andrew!!

Would you mind posting the measurements of an original Poughkeepsie A2 size 44 so we can see how they compare to the repro's that are out there.

Regards
Burt

Swing

Roughwear said:
Having owned several Poughkeepsie A2s this is the best I have seen in terms of condition.

As hard as they try, I haven't seen any of the reproduction guys get their leather or its finish/dye, close to what this beautiful example is like. Very nice vintage piece!

~Swing

A

Anonymous

Am I the only one who thinks that that collar looks very, well, Cooper-ish ? It is also in such good condition that it has no creases and looks like a fake leather from a distance. All stiff but thin looking. Is the hide as thin as it looks Andrew ? I think you need to hot water treat it ! ;) . I know it's an historical artifact/ curiosity but no matter how old, to me at least, there's nothing worse than a new looking jacket.

It's an original and I can't argue with that but if I didn't know better I'd say it was an off -coloured Cooper. Shows what I know :? Perhaps that's why I can't see a difference between the latest offerings from GW and ELC !! I'm the same with wine :( I'm not OCD enough.

Is one allowed to know how much you paid for that jacket ?

Dave

Vcruiser

Uh oh Andrew
Your recent GW/ELC remark seem to have you in a bit of hot water with our local resident resenter....

A

Anonymous

Ah Van, how lovely to see you're still about :D I keep making a note to make more of an effort to care about what you write but just can't seem to be able to. Oh dear ;)

Andrew's not in any hot water at all. I'm trying to put an objective, alternative opinion in here and there. There seems a lack of objectivity of late. And I like playing the Devil's Advocate :evil:

I have my right to my opinion as you do to yours. If they clash - who cares ? It's only jacket forchrissakes and we are not measured as individuals solely on our knowledge of jackets or woodcarving.

All this expecting every jacket maker to pander to our personal opinions of what makes an 'authentic' jacket is so childish and conceited. Only originals really count.

Take care Van :lol:

TankBuster

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Am I the only one who thinks that that collar looks very, well, Cooper-ish ? It is also in such good condition that it has no creases and looks like a fake leather from a distance. All stiff but thin looking. Is the hide as thin as it looks Andrew ? I think you need to hot water treat it ! ;) . I know it's an historical artifact/ curiosity but no matter how old, to me at least, there's nothing worse than a new looking jacket.

It's an original and I can't argue with that but if I didn't know better I'd say it was an off -coloured Cooper. Shows what I know :? Perhaps that's why I can't see a difference between the latest offerings from GW and ELC !! I'm the same with wine :( I'm not OCD enough.

Is one allowed to know how much you paid for that jacket ?

Dave

Dave,

Yes, Poughkeepsie jackets are made of a very thin horse hide. They are notorious for it. I also have a original Poughkeepsie, and the thin hide actually makes the jacket very comfortable to wear.

Grant

The Poughkeepsie I used to own also had very light weight horsehides. Nice jacket, just not my cup of tea.

Roughwear

Grant said:
The Poughkeepsie I used to own also had very light weight horsehides. Nice jacket, just not my cup of tea.

It's just as important to have opinions on original jackets as it is on repros.

Vcruiser

Roughwear said:
Vcruiser said:
Uh oh Andrew
Your recent GW/ELC remark seem to have you in a bit of hot water with our local resident resenter....

Should I take cover now? ;)

Wouldn't think so...
since the perp is surrounded...
plus after bloody retaliation...
free reparations are offered... :mrgreen: