• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALMOST MINT STAR SPORTSWEAR A2 Up-dated pics

Roughwear

Star Sportswear had one contract with the USAAF and it was either labelled W535ac28557 or 42-18245-P. It appears to have been one of the smaller volume contracts. Star A2s rarely turn up for sale, but in the condition of the one below, almost never. I will post further pics when it arrives. And no its not a Good Wear repro! :lol:

Star1.jpg

Star2.jpg

Star5.jpg

Star3.jpg

Star6.jpg

Star4.jpg

Star7.jpg

Star8-1.jpg

Star9.jpg

Star11.jpg

Star10.jpg

Star8.jpg

Dr H

Re: ALMOST MINT STAR SPORTSWEAR A2

Blimey...the only give away is the oxidation around the collar snaps :eek:

What a beautifully conserved jacket, well done!

Cheers

Ian

Roughwear

Re: ALMOST MINT STAR SPORTSWEAR A2-UPDATED PICS

Finally I have got round to taking some pictures myself, with a little help of my younger son, of the Star. It looks like it was made last week and could easily be mistaken for one John's masterpieces! It is extremely comfortable to wear being a large size 44 with inset sleeves. The jacket is perfect in every way. The quality of the stitching is first rate and clearly it was made by a very skilled person.

010-54.jpg

011-47.jpg

002-50.jpg

020-27.jpg

014-45.jpg

015-49.jpg

005-47.jpg

003-52.jpg

004-42.jpg

008-53.jpg

009-56.jpg

007-49.jpg

016-43.jpg

017-38.jpg

018-41.jpg

019-30.jpg

deand

Re: ALMOST MINT STAR SPORTSWEAR A2

Praised it on the 'other' website, and will so here. You are blessed!

dean

Silver Surfer

hot damn, watta nice star. and it fits ya perfectly. chappys new dull finish russet hh would make a nice repro of this contract.

dujardin

wow she looks greattttttttt

i like his color and the collar

fit is good on you

byeeeee and congrats with your catch marcel

Roughwear

dujardin said:
wow she looks greattttttttt

i like his color and the collar

fit is good on you

byeeeee and congrats with your catch marcel

Thanks Marcel. It shows that John gets the colour right on his repro Stars, whilst Eastman Stars are like depot resprayed jackets.