• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROUGH WEAR 1401-P SIZE 44

Roughwear

This jacket may be familiar to those who John Chapman's excellent flight jacket CD as its the original 1401-P pictured being worn by an ex-member of this forum. The horse hide is thicker than on other A2s from the same contract that I have seen, yet very supple and strong. There are areas of pronounced grain as well as smoother sections. The jacket has been expertly relined and re-knitted at some stage (prior to the pics on the CD) and as such it is a great regular wearer. The name tag was not on the jacket when I bought it sometime ago, but was residing in one of the pockets. As a size 44 it is very similar in size to my ELC repro in size 42.

001-29.jpg

008-39.jpg

002-35.jpg

003-38.jpg

004-29.jpg

005-33.jpg

006-36.jpg

007-35.jpg

Hawkeye

Nice score Andrew. I'm curious, do you have a favorite original that you tend to reach for when you go out, or do you try to rotate them around?

Curahee

Indeed nice score there Andrew, what's your secret ? On wich points does it differ from your ELC repro ?

A

Anonymous

Nice Rolex JC has on too. The jacket-making business must be VERY goooood !! :lol:

J_H