• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELECTRICALLY WIRED IRVIN

Roughwear

This is a pristine example of Irvin Air Chute's 1939 contract electrically wired Irvin in a decent size 5. Until recently I owned its bigger brother a size 6 from the same contract-B25526/39/C.I.B. This one retains its wiring harness, but the plugs were removed years ago. There is almost no wear to the fleece and it has seen little service if any. The zips are brass single trunnion Dot made in Englands and the tan pulls are original to the jacket. It has had no re-stitching to the seam tapes or belt and the fleece is extremely supple and strong with no issues whatsoever.

006-27.jpg

007-26.jpg

008-31.jpg

014-25.jpg

019-17.jpg

015-31.jpg

012-31.jpg

011-27.jpg

016-24.jpg

010-31.jpg

009-33.jpg

duwan34

Pffiouuuu, it's a beauty, in perfect condition !!! Well, the mine is waiting its Pecard eagerly ;)

Roughwear

duwan34 said:

Pffiouuuu, it's a beauty, in perfect condition !!! Well, the mine is waiting its Pecard ;)

thanks. I gave it one light coat of Pecards and that was sufficient as the sheepskin is in such wonderful condition. I have never seen a better electrically wired Irvin and this one would be almost impossible to upgrade.

duwan34

I understand this electric system now, and I can see the traces on my jacket but they were unstitched unfortunately.

A

Anonymous

Andrew does it feel any different to wear with the wiring ?.Very nice jacket by the way you must be very pleased .

All the best Jeff .

Roughwear

DUBOWA2 said:
Andrew does it feel any different to wear with the wiring ?.Very nice jacket by the way you must be very pleased .

All the best Jeff .

You can't feel the wiring at all. It is encased in cowhide on the outside and sheepskin on the inside. Yes, I'm extremely pleased with this one as its very comfortable to wear. At least it shouldn't be mistaken as a repro as electrically wired Irvins have not been made since the War! :)

Charlie

What's the purpose of the black elastic with the clinch behind the collar ?

Gorgious jacket !

Regards

Charles

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Charlie said:

Charlie, we always thought that it was there to hold the collar in position, when its turned up ...

But apparently it was designed to put Hawkeye through college. :p

rich

deeb7 said:
Charlie said:

Charlie, we always thought that it was there to hold the collar in position, when its turned up ...

But apparently it was designed to put Hawkeye through college. :p

Maybe the the best line ever........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rich

Charlie said:

Gorgious jacket !

Regards

Charles

It's a spare goggle strap .......... no, not really!
In the olden days, if in a vicious slip-steam you pulled it over your head to keep the collar up.
Never tried it myself........
If you're missing yours and don't mind not having an original, Eastman's will sell you one for a fair bit less than
Hawkeye would........

Hawkeye

Reference to a lucky break I had last year with an original Irvin strap, started the auction at 9.99 and it ended at something like 350.00, some crazy guy from mexico decided it was worth that much to him. I wasnt going to complain ;)

Roughwear

Hawkeye said:
Reference to a lucky break I had last year with an original Irvin strap, started the auction at 9.99 and it ended at something like 350.00, some crazy guy from mexico decided it was worth that much to him. I wasnt going to complain ;)

I remember it well. The "crazy guy" is now selling it with his Links Irvin on ebay.
:roll:

Dr H

Not sure about 'crazy', but careless isn't far off the mark - trying to be too clever (irony doesn't go down too well in Mexico either ;) ) in trying to reassure buyers that it's WW2 vintage he comments that

'SORRY IN DESCRIPTION I WROTE (OF COURSE IT IS A REPRO)...IT IS A WW2 PERIOD IRVIN JACKET'

Item 270392580937

Doh! :lol:

Dr H

From the horse's mouth

'I HAVE THE A ORIGINAL WW2 COLLAR STRAP I WON THIS IN AN AUCTION ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO IN EBAY I PAYED 350.00 USD AT THAT MOMENT ( I KNOW THAT WAS STUPID...BUT I DID'

Roughwear

Dr H said:
From the horse's mouth

'I HAVE THE A ORIGINAL WW2 COLLAR STRAP I WON THIS IN AN AUCTION ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO IN EBAY I PAYED 350.00 USD AT THAT MOMENT ( I KNOW THAT WAS STUPID...BUT I DID'

This is more than I have paid for some reasonable original Irvins. ELC charge around £15 for a repro elastic collar securing strap!