• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gordon & Ferguson M422-a Contract NXs.416

ciddu

Hello everybody -
here's the new entry in my (small, so far) jacket closet: a Gordon & Ferguson M422-a Contract NXs.416 size 42 in very good conditions.
Thanks to Stony kindness - he was the first on the jacket, but kindly proposed me to back off and pass the deal to me - and after a lenghty and debated negotiation, the jacket arrived safely here.
The jacket is really beautiful: the leather is seal goatskin, soft and supple (even better after a light layer of pecard) and with no holes or apparent very worn spots, the mouton fur is ok and the liner almost intact - the only worn spot is the tiny hole on the right of the tag. Only the knits have the usual moth holes, and I'm considering to have them carefully darned to prevent further deterioration.
The USN white stencil on the back of the collar is still bright, an there's even the paper production/batch number tag inside the right pocket.
According to the contract number I think it's a 1942 jacket, but I don't have the exact date.
So here are the pics, they tell the story much better than my description.
Cheers.
Ciddu
m422a-pec21.jpg

m422a-pec22.jpg

m422a-pec4.jpg

m422a-14.jpg

m422a-2.jpg

m422a-12.jpg

m422a-9.jpg

m422a-15.jpg

m422a-3.jpg

m422a-19.jpg

Roughwear

Beautiful G&F jacket! Congratulations. This was a 1943 fiscal year contract so it could well have been made in the second half of 1942.

ciddu

Thank you very much for the hint, Platon -
But I think I'll keep the original label on. I don't find the fraying too disturbing, so I don't feel like switching to a repro label taking off the original.
But thanks again!

bazelot

ciddu said:
Thank you very much for the hint, Platon -
But I think I'll keep the original label on. I don't find the fraying too disturbing, so I don't feel like switching to a repro label taking off the original.
But thanks again!

I agree you should keep the original label. On a side note I bought areplacement label from Platon for my Willis & Geiger (which was missing its label) and I can tell you that the Bill Kelso labels are outstanding. I will trya nd dig up a few pics of the label installed in my jacket.